phone goes red lights blinking when a call comes in

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
harryy300
phone goes red lights blinking when a call comes in

Post by harryy300 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:58 pm

60 % of the calls when I pick up the phone the phone does the same thing as if removing power and plugging it back in, (red lights blinking for about 30 to 45 seconds) i then must call back the caller, i have had this problem for 8 months and did everything. so only if you have had this problem and solved the problem why not tell me what you did. Thanks, Harry (again) :cry:

lbmofo

Re: phone goes red lights blinking when a call comes in

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I think maybe it is your power adapter. Take a look at this thread:
nmas wrote:Basically, when the ooma system is first switched on. It works perfectly for about half an hour or so.

However, if I leave it on for longer, when I pick up the phone, ooma will immediately reboot (it is not disconnect but rather a REBOOT). After reboot the problem will persist. If I would want to use ooma, I'll have to switch it off for few hours and then turn it on so that I could use it for like half an hour.
After getting a proper/working power adapter, problem solved. Note: below power adapter is for Hub; Telo power adapter has different Volt/Amp rating.
nmas wrote:brilliant! super brilliant!

I changed into a new adapter with 12 V and 1000mA (That was the configuration of the original ooma adapter I had)

It works like a magic. At least so far so good. No more disconnections even after it has been turned on for about 5 hours. This is far exceed the normal working time. The temperature of the adapter seems to be normal too.

Thanks so much! was wondering why I didn't thought of the adapter problem.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 am

harryy300 wrote:60 % of the calls when I pick up the phone the phone does the same thing as if removing power and plugging it back in, (red lights blinking for about 30 to 45 seconds) i then must call back the caller, i have had this problem for 8 months and did everything. so only if you have had this problem and solved the problem why not tell me what you did. Thanks, Harry (again) :cry:
Also a factory reset may help.

Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Manual Procedure
1. Remove power from the Ooma Telo.
2. Repower the Ooma Telo.
3. Line 1 & Line 2 lights come on.
4. Line 1 & Line 2 lights go out and the Trash and Envelope lights come on for a very short period of time.
5. The Trash & Envelope lights go out and the bottom row (runway lights) starts scanning to the right. (sequence above may be slightly different with later firmware visions)
6. When the scanning stops, the Ooma symbol will began flashing Red.
7. Press the Trash button, then the bottom row Stop button (small square button).
8. Hold both the Trash and Stop buttons pressed until told to release.
9. The Ooma symbol will alternately blink Red and Blue.
10. The Ooma symbol will turn solid Red.
11. Release the Stop and Trash buttons.
12. Wait for a short period of time. The Ooma Telo will cycle back into a reboot.
13. After a successful Factory Reset, all Ooma Setup settings will be Factory.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm

hey thanks lbmofo and thunderbird. you guys replied to me several months ago with some ideas but nothing will work, the power supply is working fine, factory preset several times, use built in, new phone, wires, moved the phone to a new area, I did it all and so now I have concluded OOMA wants me out because I am with the old plan and pay nothing. It’s all about money and just look at all the problems they have from just this forum alone. It is so just unbelievable but as they produce new problems they get rid of the old and on with the new. I’ll call customer service soon and maybe I’ll be disconnected talking with them “AGAIN”. But in the mean time I’ll just tell the callers to me to let it ring once and I will return their call. I WIN!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm

harryy300 wrote:hey thanks lbmofo and thunderbird. you guys replied to me several months ago with some ideas but nothing will work, the power supply is working fine, factory preset several times, use built in, new phone, wires, moved the phone to a new area, I did it all and so now I have concluded OOMA wants me out because I am with the old plan and pay nothing. It’s all about money and just look at all the problems they have from just this forum alone. It is so just unbelievable but as they produce new problems they get rid of the old and on with the new. I’ll call customer service soon and maybe I’ll be disconnected talking with them “AGAIN”. But in the mean time I’ll just tell the callers to me to let it ring once and I will return their call. I WIN!
I would try a new power adapter. That maybe the problem.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 am

harryy300 wrote:60 % of the calls when I pick up the phone the phone does the same thing as if removing power and plugging it back in, (red lights blinking for about 30 to 45 seconds) i then must call back the caller, i have had this problem for 8 months and did everything. so only if you have had this problem and solved the problem why not tell me what you did. Thanks, Harry (again) :cry:
Which Red light is blinking?
If you are using an Ooma Hub and an Ooma Scout, temporarily disconnect the Scout phone line from the Ooma Hub and/or anything connected to the Ooma Hub Wall port, and pug a corded phone into the Ooma Hub phone port. Make sure that you can hear the Ooma dial tone with the corded phone.
Call your Ooma number with your cell phone and see if there still is the Red flashing Ooma Hub lights.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 am

thunderbird wrote:Which Red light is blinking?
harryy300 is experiencing reboot most of the time when he answers the phone.

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Absolutely right lbmofo, when I pick up the phone the ooma hub goes into a reboot. I do not have a ooma scout. It doesn’t seem that with all the problems this phone company has they can come up with a brand new problem. I wonder if I can get a new hub replacement with the old payment plan (none). Do you think???? :cool:

harryy300

Post by harryy300 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm

http://172.27.35.1/
Ooma setup page after a reboot has the following:
Upstream internet speed 384 Kbps(0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 0 Kbps (0 to disable)
Is this correct?????

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:36 pm

harryy300 wrote:http://172.27.35.1/
Ooma setup page after a reboot has the following:
Upstream internet speed 384 Kbps(0 to disable)
Downstream Internet speed 0 Kbps (0 to disable)
Is this correct?????
If the Ooma Hub is connected after the Router, both the Upstream and Downstream Quality of Service settings are set to Zero.

Otherwise if the Ooma Hub is connected to the Modem, the setting is about 80 to 85 percent of the measured Upload and Download speeds as measured by http://speedtest.phonepower.com/

I think the next step for testing and isolating the problem, is to disconnect your Ooma Hub and take it to a friend or relative's home and connect your Ooma Hub to their Router, and use one of their phones connected to your Ooma Hub Phone port and see if your Ooma Hub works at the friend or relative's home. Use your cell phone or one of their phones to call your Ooma number and test.

This will tell you if the Ooma Hub is defective, or if your home’s Internet setup has a problem.