Alarm System Mode and Voicemail

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jfugazzi
Alarm System Mode and Voicemail

Post by jfugazzi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:48 am

Hello

I'm going to try and see if Ooma will work with my alarm system, however I found that when I change the system to
Alarm System Mode I have a voicemail issue. When I call the voicemail system I can hear the menu selections but if I
hit any of the buttons on the phone nothing happens. Once I change the telo back to normal mode it works fine again.
Has anyone ever experienced this before?

Thanks

Joe Fugazzi

murphy

Re: Alarm System Mode and Voicemail

Post by murphy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 am

I would expect alarm system mode to change the audio characteristics to be compatible with the way alarm systems communicate. That may not be compatible with touchtones although the CID (contact ID) mode of alarm system communication uses DTMF tones.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

aalim

Post by aalim » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I saw the same issue. I could not get fax mode or alarm mode to accept tones after the call was active. I ended up going back to default mode and using *99 as a dialing prefix

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 pm

If you have Ooma Premier you could set up a second Private account in https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers with the second phone number.

Then you could select Alarm in the Private account and still have Voicemail for your Main Account phone number.

kriemer

Post by kriemer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:10 am

thunderbird wrote:If you have Ooma Premier you could set up a second Private account in https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers with the second phone number.

Then you could select Alarm in the Private account and still have Voicemail for your Main Account phone number.
Brand noobie so I am still in the confused stage.

I understand Premier accounts allow a 2nd phone number, but I am at a loss as to how the Alarm system would be channeled to this 2nd number.

Any advice would be appreciated.

k

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:20 am

kriemer wrote:
thunderbird wrote:If you have Ooma Premier you could set up a second Private account in https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers with the second phone number.

Brand noobie so I am still in the confused stage.

I understand Premier accounts allow a 2nd phone number, but I am at a loss as to how the Alarm system would be channeled to this 2nd number.

Any advice would be appreciated.

k
The Ooma Linx can be used to assign telephone devices to a separate phone number. Each Linx has its own device ID number. You would go to the "Phone Numbers" section of your My Ooma account to assign a Linx to a phone number and to change the operating mode to "Alarm."
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions