Ooma Mobile app...

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
inhaliburton
Ooma Mobile app...

Post by inhaliburton » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am

I have installed the app.

1. When clicking on "My Ooma," how do I get my cell phone to display in "mobile" mode? Currently it's displaying in "desktop" mode.

2. I've tried dialling out, but no joy. When I hit "Call," nothing happen, just silence. Could have something to do with incorrect the login info?
Under Account Setting, I have put in my desktop / internet login name, and password.
Should I have done the "generate password" thing? I believe that's only available in desktop mode.

I'm confused!

Thank you.

lbmofo

Re: Ooma Mobile app...

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 am

"My Ooma" within the Mobile app is just a way to get to your http://my.ooma.com; it doesn't have anything to do with Mobile app making calls.

Go take a look at this Mobile HD FAQ: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-mobile-hd-faq

How do I get started?

Log into your My Ooma account and navigate to Ooma Mobile under the Preferences tab

Click on "Enable Ooma Mobile"

Make a note of your automatically generated Ooma Mobile username and password and type it into the device running Ooma Mobile. (or you can regenerate password)

Note: Don't forget the "1" at the beginning of your Ooma Mobile username

Save your preferences

Important: Your Ooma Mobile username and password are NOT the same as your My Ooma login, so you must retrieve the information by following the directions above.

Once you have input your Ooma Mobile username and password and logged in, wait for the Ooma logo to turn blue as shown below, indicating that the Ooma Mobile app is connected.

inhaliburton

Post by inhaliburton » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Thank you Ibmobo, it's working fine now that I have followed your instructions!

inhaliburton

Post by inhaliburton » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Thank you ibmofo, it's working fine thanks to your help. Regards, Paul.