[Suggestion] Don't force email address for forum reg.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
peacocks3
[Suggestion] Don't force email address for forum reg.

Post by peacocks3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

My name is actually James. I couldn't create an account on your forum with my own email address, so I created an account for my mother since it is her new VOIP I am supporting at the moment.

I would like to be able to register an account without being forced to use a specific email address to register.

Please consider this as I think even more people would register an account for discussion.

James

southsound

Re: [Suggestion] Don't force email address for forum reg.

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Having been on the forum for about 3 years, I can tell you that the requirement is for security. We sometimes have trolls who are up to no good - they just want to ruin the experience for others because they either work for another company or are just demented people. It is an inconvenience but necessary in this strange world.

That said, thank you for joining the forum and even more for supporting your mom in her transition to voip. I think you will both be pleased with your ooma experience and we welcome you (and mom) to the forum! :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.