ooma handset........searching

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
murphy
Re: ooma handset........searching

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

jgmace wrote:HD 1 is the black and white version, correct?
Correct.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm

HD1
HD1.JPG
HD1.JPG (9.51KiB)Viewed 7032 times
[/size]
HD2
HD2.JPG
HD2.JPG (10.24KiB)Viewed 7032 times
[/size]

jgmace

Post by jgmace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

It is definitely HD1. In the setup page it shows HD2 selected, I have tried 3 times to select Telo handset and change modes. The Telo reboots but when I go back to setup it still shows HD2. I also tried *#*#301 and I immediately get a busy signal. Very frustrating. :x

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 pm

jgmace, sorry, didn't read your 1st post correctly...thought you bought a 2nd handset vs 2nd hand handset :)

In any case, your Telo is brand new you just picked up? It may not support the older HD1.

But, let's not come to that conclusion just yet.

Here is the complete star codes

*#*#301 reboot telo to load HD1 firmware [only works on older telo's that support HD1]

Now, don't worry about the busy signal you hear as soon as you press *#*#301 on a phone connected directly to the "phone" port of Ooma. Don't hang up but observe the Telo...does it start to reboot by turning itself off after a few seconds of doing the *#*#301?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

jgmace wrote:It is definitely HD1. In the setup page it shows HD2 selected, I have tried 3 times to select Telo handset and change modes. The Telo reboots but when I go back to setup it still shows HD2. I also tried *#*#301 and I immediately get a busy signal. Very frustrating. :x
When you dial *#*#301 and get the busy signal, this is the way it works. You just have wait, sometimes a few minutes.

In Ooma Setup, you have select the "Telo Handset" button. Then Click on the "Change Mode" button.
Wait until the Ooma Telo reboots.

If it doesn't reboot, select the "HD2 Handset Linx" button, and then Click on the "Change Mode" button wait for the Ooma Telo to reboot. Then select the "Telo Handset" button again, and then Click on the "Change Mode" button again.

Also after any Ooma Telo reboots, refresh the computer brower window to make sure you are viewing the correct information.

This way you will know that you are in the right mode for the HD1 handset.

jgmace

Post by jgmace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks Guys, I apparently have one that won't work with HD1. I can't change mode from HD2. I have tried several times. The Telo will not reboot when dialing *#*#301 no matter how long I wait. Guess I need an HD2.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Your Ooma Telo may be in the HD1 mode already. To make sure do the following:
Dial *#*#302 which changes to the HD2 mode, the Ooma Telo will reboot. Then dial *#*#301 which will reboot again and change you back to the HD1 mode.

Then if the HD1 handset won't Register to the Ooma Telo, you may have to clear the previous registration data out of the HD1 handset. Procedure follows:

Procedure to reset the Ooma Telo HD1 handset.
First, if required, go to My Ooma https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-t ... -functions, to view the Ooma Telo Handset button functions and location picture.
1. Turn off the Handset by pressing and holding the (red colored) End Call button, until the Handset goes off.
2. Press and hold the following two keys until told to release them later in this procedure:
Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
3. Turn on the Handset by pressing the (red colored) End Call button.
4. Release the two keys being held in step 2, Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
5. The Handset goes into auto registration mode.
Note: You will have to re-register the handset to the Ooma Telo.

Note: To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING, when pressing the left Soft key + the 0 (zero) key, you must Continue to HOLD DOWN These Keys while turning handset back on.
Then and only then will the handset enter the registration mode, which then allows you to input the four digit code.

Register the Ooma Telo HD1 Handset:
Find the 4-digit PIN number for your Ooma Telo by logging into:
http://my.ooma.com/pin
Bring the handset next to the Ooma Telo.
Set the Ooma Telo in registration mode by pressing and holding the Paging Key located on the upper right hand face of the Ooma Telo for 3 seconds. The Paging Key will start flashing rapidly.
When prompted on the handset, enter the PIN number found above and press the OK soft key.
When the handset successfully registers, a home screen will be displayed.

jgmace

Post by jgmace » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Definitely not compatable with the new ooma. Tried you suggestions with no luck, ordered an HD2 and works great.

Thanks for the help

John