Busy Signal When Calling Out / Now flashing red

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bdiaz
Busy Signal When Calling Out / Now flashing red

Post by bdiaz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 am

I was having a busy signal when calling out. So I unplugged the Telo, let it sit for awhile. Plugged it back it. It has now been flashing red for 10 minutes. Anyone know what it could be?

thunderbird

Re: Busy Signal When Calling Out / Now flashing red

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:25 am

bdiaz wrote:I was having a busy signal when calling out. So I unplugged the Telo, let it sit for awhile. Plugged it back it. It has now been flashing red for 10 minutes. Anyone know what it could be?
A flashing Red Ooma symbol means that the Ooma Telo doesn't "see" the Internet signal.

The first thing to do is to remove power from the Modem, Ooma, and Router.

Next repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the next device connected in line (the Ooma Telo or Router). When that device is done booting, repower the remaining device.

If that doesn't work, do the following procedue.
Access:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open.

Or

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open.

Procedure:
Click on the Internet tab. Following the words “Connection type:” click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP).
Go down to “INTERNET Port MAC Address:” and select “Use Built in:”.
Then Click on the “Update Device” button at the bottom of the page.
Again remove power from the Modem, Ooma Telo and Router.
Next repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the next device connected in line (the Ooma Telo or Router). When that device is done booting, repower the remaining device.

If these things don't work let us know how your Internet is connected (Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma), and who your Internet provider is. There are other things that can be done after you provide this informaton.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Busy Signal When Calling Out / Now flashing red

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:34 pm

This bug is fixed in the new release 65208 that is currently going out.