Private Device

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jackquontee
Private Device

Post by jackquontee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43 pm

I just upgraded to Ooma Telo and purchased 3 phones. When activating the Telo device I was allowed 2 phone numbers. I attempted to use one of them to set up a Private Device so my brother would have his own number. On the MyOoma page it shows my primary number ending in 5404 and, separately, my brothers number ending in 5282 as a private account. However, anytime I call his number from my cell phone it automatically goes to voicemail, and when I call my cell from his phone it shows my number instead of his. Not sure how I fix this. Thanks for any help.

thunderbird

Re: Private Device

Post by thunderbird » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm

jackquontee:
Make sure the private account contains; the second phone number (can be moved by clicking on the phone number), and the phone (this is done with Setup Device) that he is using.

Next you have to wait maybe up to an hour for the changes to take place in the Ooma servers.

This is done at https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers .

jackquontee

Re: Private Device

Post by jackquontee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank you thunderbird, but I got it fixed. The problem was that when I attempted to create the private account it gave me the option to assign it as HD2 Handset, or Telo Handset. Well, since I bought the HD2 handset I set it to that, however, it wouldn't work no matter what else I did. Just on a whim I set it for Telo Handset instead and everything is working just fine now. Again, thank you.

P.S. if I can get the Bluetooth connection working now I'll be all set. lol.