Close to giving up on Ooma

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
johnz8
Re: Close to giving up on Ooma

Post by johnz8 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:15 pm

WayneDsr wrote:This is quite simple. If you have not already called Customer Service then you must right away. NOTHING as serious as your list will be fixed writing in the forum.
A call to customer service could get you fixed up, or at least start the ball rolling. If ooma doesn't know it's broken, they can't fix it. There are enough users in the forum that can tell you that a call to customer service and a little patience could possible get you back on good terms with the hubby.

Customer Service 888-771-6662

NONE of what you are saying happens to me. I have a 100% reliable connection, barring of course, ooma being down. Never get any echo, never a dropped call.

Wayne
My service works great too.
Who ever dies with the most toys wins.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 am

QOS does not "reserve" bandwidth. That would imply that a potion on bandwidth is only ever used by a certain device. That would be similar to the car pool lane on the expressway.

What QOS does is prioritize which data packets are streamed and how they are streamed. It can also manage traffic to limit the amount of bandwidth used.

I believe ooma uses some where around 35-50 kbps for voice calls. I think Bobby had mentioned it in one post

Any broadband connection should be able to support that (even a 3g connection - dont get me started)

But there are other factors such as latency and server response times.

I find that my DLINK does very well from the security and network management.

http://www.DSLREPORTS.com/tools has a wealth of how-to articles and discussion as well as tools in optimizing your Internet connect.

Zandramas

Post by Zandramas » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:49 am

I don't seem to be having any of these problems you are experiencing , can you post of some screen shots of your speed-tests and voip connection tests?

Thanks

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Can you post what QoS settings you are using in your router?

Cheers,
Scott