Ooma Small Business Discussion

Have an Ooma Office question not covered by another forum? Post your questions here.
Tuan
Re: Ooma Small Business Discussion

Post by Tuan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Bobby B wrote:You can assign an external phone number directly to your fax number, so the person faxing you won't need to dial an extension number. Each additional line includes an additional number.
Will the other phone line/extensions ring if the outside party is trying to fax to the fax line directly? I don't want the phones to ring.

For me, I think it would work best if I use my Ooma Telo as a dedicated fax line. Then use the Ooma Office as a phone with 2 lines. That way, I'd know for sure I someone is trying to fax or call me.
Bobby B wrote:We're planning on enabling the call transfer feature at or shortly after launch. You'll be able to place a call on hold by pressing the flash key and then transfer the call to someone else by entering a star code.
That would be great. Thanks for implementing this feature.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Tuan wrote:Will the other phone line/extensions ring if the outside party is trying to fax to the fax line directly? I don't want the phones to ring.
With a dedicated number to a fax line, other lines won't ring.
Tuan wrote:For me, I think it would work best if I use my Ooma Telo as a dedicated fax line. Then use the Ooma Office as a phone with 2 lines. That way, I'd know for sure I someone is trying to fax or call me.
With Office, additional phone lines can be purchased for $19.99 per month

Q&A with Ooma VP Marketing: http://www.smbnow.com/articles/Ooma-Off ... ns-Answers

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Could someone with Ooma Office please take screen shots of the setup pages and post so we can see what's available in them.

Thanks.
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0

AppleTree

Post by AppleTree » Thu May 16, 2013 8:39 am

EX Bell wrote:Could someone with Ooma Office please take screen shots of the setup pages and post so we can see what's available in them.

Thanks.
I agree. There should be a wiki or photos to help us noobs to setup Office.

mileage

Post by mileage » Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm interested with OOMA small business.
Here's my setup;
2 DSL lines (6Mbs down and 768 Kbps up)
5 phone lines thru ATT (POTS)
1 Trixbox
5 SIP phone (3Polycom, 1Cisco, other)

Can use existing Trixbox and install ooma office?

Tuan

Post by Tuan » Mon May 20, 2013 2:40 pm

According to CSR, multiring is elimiated with Ooma Office. That means I can't have my cell phone (or another phone) ring at work thus eliminating a virtual extension. Virtual receptionist cannot answer line 2 for me if I'm busy on line 1. VM acccess on the base no longer exist.

I thought the Office features will be an addition to the Telo's features, but I was wrong. I'm paying $10/month for Premier and its features are great (I especially like the 2 line, multiring, and VM access on base). Why should I switch to Office and pay $40/month for 2 lines with Office and get less features? I'm a bit disappointed with the features of Office.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Tuan wrote:According to CSR, multiring is elimiated with Ooma Office. That means I can't have my cell phone (or another phone) ring at work thus eliminating a virtual extension.
This is not correct, Ooma Office allows you to forward your calls or multi-ring even if you have a physical extension at work.
Tuan wrote:Virtual receptionist cannot answer line 2 for me if I'm busy on line 1.
This is being discussed in the feature request area and we plan to add this option.

hjk428

Post by hjk428 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm the same size as the others posting here, small business with 2 lines, 1 dedicated for fax. My fax # has just been ported, I've only done limited testing, but I sent a fax yesterday, clients told me (today) that it came thru, but when they tried faxing me today, it wouldn't work! (?) their machine error said some kind of an "image issue". I have an old Brother thermal fax and a Hp1522 Multifunction machine. I tried them both, there hooked directly to ooma office hub or telo, & setting are corect, but it wouldn't come through on either machine, I had to plug my landline in to receive the fax!
I was testing in house yesterday, between my two machines using the ported # and the virtual # (I guess, the # i choose to activate ooma?) having little success. I changed some settings on the hp machine, this is my 1st time using it for faxing,,I changed one setting to "slow" and another feature I disabled, based on a google search of "comm errors 232 & 344". I managed to get 1 to go thru, but there's no consistency!

if any other users with 2 lines, 1 a dedicated fax, have any suggestons or experiences to share, I'd be very grateful!
Sincerely, Jeffk

hjk428

Post by hjk428 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Just a quick follow up,, be darned if an auto junk fax didn't come thru on my old Brother machine!
?? scrathing my head,,,
jeffk