Calls not completed, voice disappears

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
gjh
Calls not completed, voice disappears

Post by gjh » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

I am having two problems. A number of people have reported that when they try to call, they get a "Call cannot be completed as dialed" message. The calls come from a variety of different locations and there doesn't seem to be any particular consistency in time of day, the phone being busy or anything else.

Secondly, on three occasions, in the middle of a call, the other end suddenly can't hear us. In one case, I called back, and it happened again immediately.

Looking through the forum, it appears that there are other people having similar problems. Can we get some help?

lbmofo

Re: Calls not completed, voice disappears

Post by lbmofo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Suggest you get a list of recent examples, date & time of call, what number from looking at call logs and call Ooma customer support. Might be carrier related issue.

gjh

Post by gjh » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 pm

When the callers can't get through, their numbers don't show up in the call logs. And I typically don't know they've had a problem for a day or two when they finally get through. My carrier connection is rock solid. I've not had a problem of any kind and since I had Internet phone service before and didn't have any problems, I'm pretty sure these are Ooma problems. Do you have some Engineers there that can debug these things?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Carrier problem, I meant the carrier that serves your number for Ooma. You can jot down the ones you have problems mid call.

Btw, most of us are all users just like you except a few moderators that work for Ooma.

gjh

Post by gjh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:22 am

It appears that the calls that can't connect are originating with our broadband carrier (Optimum). People who have Optimum service can't call in. I've rebooted the Ooma several times and I've removed the Ooma phone thinking that might be part of the problem. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 am

The calls that you can't receive usually can be seen by Ooma on their side.

Try to find out when someone called and provide this information to Ooma, so that they can work on your problem. Ooma usually wants the phone number that is calling you, the date and times.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 am

4062194246 wrote:It appears that the calls that can't connect are originating with our broadband carrier (Optimum). People who have Optimum service can't call in.
Did you port your number out of Optimum? If so, they haven't updated their call routing database. Either way, have an Optimum customer call Optimum to ask why can't call a known working number.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks lbmofo.

gjh

Post by gjh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Yes, many thanks lbmofo. I talked to the folks at Optimum and they were helpful (too bad they charge so much). The verified that an Optimum number can't call my number but a non-Optimum number can, so now I just have to see if they can get it fixed.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Btw, you probably don't want to have your number floating around on the internet. People might want to bother you just because you live near around Bozeman Montana :) never know who is willing to buy a collection of working numbers to spam in your area. Call into customer service and have them change your forum userid to something else.