No incoming sound

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
namphuc
No incoming sound

Post by namphuc » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 pm

I having an issue with my Ooma Telo for about a week now. When I answer the incoming calls, I can not hear the caller voices. the callers can hear me fine. I reset the cable modem/router and Telo but it still no good. Anyone have the same problem or know the fix for this? Thanks

WayneDsr

Re: No incoming sound

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Are you using cordless phones attached to the Telo or are you using a wired phone? If you are using a wireless phone attached to the Telo, try connecting a corded phone with a different cable. If you don't have a corded phone for testing try replacing the phone cable between the phone and the Telo. The best test would be to use a completely different phone and a completely different phone cable connection

Are you running Modem-->Telo-->router or are you using Modem-->router-->Telo?

Lets take it from there and see what happens

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

namphuc

Post by namphuc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I tried with another phone (corded) and the problem still persist. I have a built in router modem (router and modem in one) so my setup is modem/router -> Telo.
Any thing I can try? I have this for over a year and never have any problem.
Thanks

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 am

namphuc wrote:I tried with another phone (corded) and the problem still persist. I have a built in router modem (router and modem in one) so my setup is modem/router -> Telo.
Any thing I can try? I have this for over a year and never have any problem.
Thanks
If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem (or Modem/Router), your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router) and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem (or Modem/Router). When the Modem is done booting repower your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router). When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Next:
Try placing the Ooma Telo MAC or IP address in the Router's DMZ. Or port forward the following ports listed at https://www.ooma.com/app/support/advanc ... vice-ports in the Router.

jcbecker28

Post by jcbecker28 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Call OOMA...ask for level 2 support. I am having similar issues on an outgoing and incoming basis.

The first people you talk to, I guess are level one. I wasted about an hour with 2 calls to them. They said they have not seen this issue. He then gave me to level 2 support. They are aware of the issue and have some type of work around until they can figure out the reason for it.

Ask for level two support....work around.

jcbecker28

Post by jcbecker28 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 pm

forget that level 2 support thing. It went out again. Ooma says a fix is supposed to be out this Friday. I hope it works.

KennyC

Post by KennyC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am

I got my OOMA last week. I encountered the same problem as mentioned in this "NO incoming sound". Called OOMA level 2. The guys sent the new fix firmware over to my box this morning. problem is still not fixed. Tried the port forwarding to my Netgear DG834Gv4 but without a valid IP address, I could not define the Firewall Rules for all the OOMA ports. The IP Address in the OOMA's Home Network Port does not work; "illegal IP Address". OOMA will have their engineer to call me back. I am waiting patiently. Most of my friends could plug and play in minutes. I am stuck with this "no incoming sounds" for days now. Anyone has any idea?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 am

KennyC wrote:Most of my friends could plug and play in minutes. I am stuck with this "no incoming sounds" for days now. Anyone has any idea?
Do you have Uverse? /viewtopic.php?t=14339#p100138

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:12 pm

KennyC wrote:I got my OOMA last week. I encountered the same problem as mentioned in this "NO incoming sound". Called OOMA level 2. The guys sent the new fix firmware over to my box this morning. problem is still not fixed. Tried the port forwarding to my Netgear DG834Gv4 but without a valid IP address, I could not define the Firewall Rules for all the OOMA ports. The IP Address in the OOMA's Home Network Port does not work; "illegal IP Address". OOMA will have their engineer to call me back. I am waiting patiently. Most of my friends could plug and play in minutes. I am stuck with this "no incoming sounds" for days now. Anyone has any idea?
Access Ooma Setup, click on the Status Tab. In the page that opens, to the right of TO INTERNET port: will be the IP address that the Ooma Telo is using. If you click on the Ooma Setup>Ports tab, you will see the To Internet Port: MAC Address. Note: Your will see both the Home Network Port: MAC address and the To Internet Port: MAC address.

KennyC

Post by KennyC » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Since Level 3 Support worked on my "no incoming sound" for days now and made no progress, I tried again the approach of Ports Forwarding. I reserved my internal/private IP address from my router and defined the same address in my Ooma's static IP address. Rebooted both Ooma and Router. Ooma has all blue light buttons. I checked the router for IP addresses allocation. Everything seems defined correctly. However, I still have "no incoming sound". Man... it is frustrated.
Last edited by KennyC on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.