Call Forwarding Goes Directly Into Voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Beowoof
Call Forwarding Goes Directly Into Voicemail

Post by Beowoof » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 am

I have had ooma since last Dec and have forwarded my work number to my ooma number without any problems -- until recently, that is. (The past three weeks.) For some reason, calls to my work number now go directly into voicemail without the phone ringing.

The problem went away for a couple of days last week but it is now back to going directly into voicemail. I haven't changed anything regarding my setup or preferences.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what is happening, or, what to do to correct the problem?? (I will be calling customer service later today to see if they have any suggestions.) Did ooma change anything regarding how voicemail is handled or the setup of it?

Thanks!
Last edited by Beowoof on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

WayneDsr

Re: Call Forwarding Goes Directly Into Voicemail

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am

Are you getting other calls in ok?

Also, did you accidentally blacklist your work number?
(sometimes not a bad idea! :-) )

Wayne

Beowoof

Post by Beowoof » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:28 am

The only calls that go directly to voicemail are those from my work number. No, my work number is not blacklisted.

Beowoof

Post by Beowoof » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:29 am

Well, the primary problem appears to be resolved...

We had blacklisted 312-100-1000 because we had been getting unsolicted calls from that number. Apparently, my work number, when forwarded, also displays 312-100-1000 -- explaining why the number would go directly into voicemail. I believe these numbers are like this because they originate from a VOIP system.

So, I removed the 312-100-1000 from the blacklist and now calls that are forwarded from my work number are coming through vs. going directly into voicemail.

The remaining issue is that I have no way to stop unsolicted calls that have the same display number.
Anyway, thanks to Wayne for putting me on the right track to resolving the problem.

By the way, Tech support was of no help. They just said that the problem had nothing to do with ooma.
Last edited by Beowoof on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 am

Interesting....
I wonder why your work number shows up wrong?

Wayne

niknak

Post by niknak » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:20 am

WayneDsr wrote:Interesting....
I wonder why your work number shows up wrong?

Wayne
Check with the tech people at your job. Does your company run a VOIP business system? Perhaps the administrator set up the company's caller ID to that number or perhaps it defaults to that depending on the VOIP system