Caller ID blocking and Contacts

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ggmpd
Caller ID blocking and Contacts

Post by ggmpd » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 am

I have 2 phone numbers on my Ooma. The Premier option for caller ID blocking on outbound calls seems to apply to both numbers so I want to unblock my caller ID for some/all of the people in my Contacts list. Is there an option to do this or can I just insert the relevant star codes before the phone number in each of the entries of my Contact list (and if I need to insert a pause between the star code and the phone number is there a way to do this)?

thunderbird

Re: Caller ID blocking and Contacts

Post by thunderbird » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 am

ggmpd:

I don't know if this will help but:

Go to https://my.ooma.com/privacy and look at the text at the right side which is also below:

Caller-ID for outgoing calls can be configured to be blocked by default (dial *82 to enable per-call) or to be shown by default (dial *67 to block per-call).

If you choose to show your caller-id, select which number should be shown (if you have multiple phone numbers).

lbmofo

Re: Caller ID blocking and Contacts

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 am

ggmpd, you can block your outgoing callerid by default and then unblock on per call basis or show by default and choose to block on per call basis. You can add these relevant dialing prefixes (to block, to unblock) in your contacts. No pause needed (don't think there is a way to add pause to contacts phone entry).

Complete Ooma Star Codes: /viewtopic.php?t=14903