ADT SEcurity

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
amorusocc
ADT SEcurity

Post by amorusocc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi I am new to ooma just installed yesterday. no issues that i am aware of yet i have some questions regarding my system. I am getting a Telco Fault on my safe watch 2000 pro custom panels. I did several tests and they report that they get signal plus call logs show ooma calling monitoring station.
ADT tells me that if not gone in 24 hrs then if not gone it may just be an annoyance which makes no sense.
My questions are:

1 - when i port my number over will that go away as then adt will see the right phone number calling them? i am thinking the fault is that they are not recognizing my ooma number and that is the issue.

PS -i have comcast voip right now

2 - once i cancel my comcast number and port to ooma will I still have the same error free system? I kept comcast to make sure this whole set up will work.I don't have to mess with lines outside since my phone is voip now. any suggestions?

also i want to be able to switch to next alarm but they say they cant communicate with my system.

holmes4

Re: ADT SEcurity

Post by holmes4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm

It is certainly true that outbound calls are using your temporary Ooma-assigned number (unless you activate Google Voice Extensions and select to use that instead.) When your port completes the caller ID will show your ported number, so that may well be the issue.

I am not familiar with your system so I don't know how they communicate with the panel if the panel is not calling them.
Steve

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Do not cancel your Comcast number. When the port is complete it will be canceled automatically.
If you cancel before the port is complete you could lose the mumber.
Once the port is complete exchange the Comcast phone modem for a regular non-phone modem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

amorusocc

Post by amorusocc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I have ordered a Motorola cable only modem. To get rid of the 7.00 fee. It's a cable only modem and not a phone modem. Ill install that. Port my number and wait for it to complete and cancel Comcast automatically.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:54 pm

amorusocc wrote:I have ordered a Motorola cable only modem. To get rid of the 7.00 fee. It's a cable only modem and not a phone modem. Ill install that. Port my number and wait for it to complete and cancel Comcast automatically.
When you return the rented Comcast modem get a receipt and put in a place where you will never lose it. That way if they ever claim that you didn't return the modem you have proof that you did.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

amorusocc

Post by amorusocc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Will do thanks for the assistance.