Delete message after number and time

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
ge556
Delete message after number and time

Post by ge556 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 am

It sure would be nice if I could delete a message after listening to the number and time on my Ooma Telo. I have to delete it early, or else it saves it automatically. I don't know why it saves it without giving me a chance to delete it. Then I have to go into the saved messages and listen enough to make sure I'm deleting the right one. Not very user-friendly.

Most of the Ooma features are user-friendly, however, and the call quality is good.

mike_b

Re: Delete message after number and time

Post by mike_b » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm

This is a problem for me also. The user should be given a few seconds to delete the message after the number and time are announced.

ge556

Post by ge556 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Another problem with the bad timing of the system is that, if I try to delete a message while it is telling the time of the message, it sometimes deletes the following message, instead of the one I just listened to. That's a real nuisance, especially if I don't realize it.

JonInNY

Post by JonInNY » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:16 am

Personally, I would like to see (hear?) the DATE/TIME come FIRST! That's the way most answering machines have it, and it makes much more sense to me from a workflow point of view to have it that way.

But I guess it's like sorting email... some folks like newest on top, and some folks like newest on the bottom.

Maybe this can be an option in preferences?