Intermittent reboot on wireless only

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
seadoofan
Intermittent reboot on wireless only

Post by seadoofan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Unit works fine when hard wired to a Motorola SBG 6580 modem router. Hook it up via wifi and it boots up fine but intermittently goes red and reboots many times a day, right before this happens the blue light on the dongle goes off. Sometimes it powers off to just the blue 1 & 2 lights on for a while and then will start a reboot. We have done speed tests and on the computers all seem fine (15 MHZ download and .98 MHZ upload) The phone is a few year old 5.6 GHZ AT&T wireless.Things tried so far,we have moved the phone at least 10 feet away fromthe telo, the telo has been placed line of sight 15 feet from the modem, no phone connected at all all with the same results, both modem and telo resets. I have read some topics close to this that got into reconfiguring the modem,that isn't something that I would be well versed in but would attempt with the right coaching if that is needed. I have not called the service support yet as my job can get me home late and they are only open until 7 PST.. Any help would be apperciated

thunderbird

Re: Intermittent reboot on wireless only

Post by thunderbird » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm

seadoofan something to try:
It seems like if the Modem/Router and the Ooma Telo are both rebooting when the Internet is connected using Wi-Fi, there is a confict. Try going into the Router and changing the Wi-Fi frequency setting from the Automatic setting, to just select one of the listed Wi-Fi frequencies, reference your Modem/Router owners manual for the procedure. If the the problem continues, try another different Router Wi-Fi frequencey until you have success.

seadoofan

Post by seadoofan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 am

sorry for any confusion but only the telo reboots, the wifi stays strong for all other devices (computers, tv etc.) and shows no sign of any problems. Change the freq? is this the same as changing the channel from auto to a selected channel?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm

seadoofan wrote:sorry for any confusion but only the telo reboots, the wifi stays strong for all other devices (computers, tv etc.) and shows no sign of any problems. Change the freq? is this the same as changing the channel from auto to a selected channel?
Yes, try changing the Router Wi-Fi channel from Auto to a selected channel.