Voicemail setup issue

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jameskjeep
Voicemail setup issue

Post by jameskjeep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello I have an ooma hub and scout, I set up 2 lines of service with my ooma premier account. On my main line I have it set to multi ring to my hub phone and cell phone voicemail works fine if I do not answer comes up and I hear the greeting. On my 2nd line I have it ring to my scout with multi ring to my wife's cell but the voicemail will not come up. If I turn off multi ring and have it ring to just my scout the voicemail works fine as soon as I add back the multi ring, It just rings and rings the voicemail will not come on and it just cuts off. Any idea?

lbmofo

Re: Voicemail setup issue

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Try this....have "require key press before answering forwarded calls" enabled https://my.ooma.com/calling otherwise, the minute your cell phone VM kicks in (for example), the Ooma phone would stop ringing. Maybe your wife cell is picking up but no VM greeting; try direct calling it to see if you experience the same answer/cut-off behavior.

Another thing to look at is...make sure your GVE is not turned on for the 2nd line.

jameskjeep

Post by jameskjeep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 pm

I do have "require key press before answering forwarded calls" enabled now my wife does have a google voice account sent to her cell phone also could that be the reason why?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:37 pm

What happens if you call your wife's cell directly?

Ooma VM should pick up if multi-ring'ed phone doesn't pick up (multi-ring'ed phone's VM or otherwise).

jameskjeep

Post by jameskjeep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

it goes to her cell voicemail if I call her cell and she does not answer. But if I call the scout 2nd line it will ring the scout phone and her cell phone but no voicemail if we do not answer. As soon as I take multi ring off and call the scout 2nd line the voicemail works fine.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:48 pm

This is something I've never done before so I may try it. For the time being, perhaps power cycle the Scout with multi-ring enabled and see.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 pm

I tried it this evening using 2 different Scouts.

On the private 2nd line, if multi-ring'ed cell doesn't get answered, Ooma VM kicked in fine. The VMs left were also found in the 2nd line's my.ooma.com account.

I couldn't get 2 things working though...I couldn't get the phone connected to the Scout to ring (only multi-ring'ed cell rang). Power cycling both Hub and Scout didn't help. I couldn't setup the 2nd line's VM; picking up the phone connected to the Scout and pressing the "play" worked for a few seconds and then line 1 goes away and jumps to line 2 with dialtone so I am never given enough time to interactively setup the VM with PIN etc. I think I must have run into some kind of Scout serial number mismatch problem.

If you have phones connected to Scout ring separately from the phones connected to the Hub, you are ahead of me. Just need to figure out why your 2nd line VM doesn't kick in when doing multi-ring. Have you set up your 2nd line's VM? Maybe calling in to Ooma customer support may help.

jameskjeep

Post by jameskjeep » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah I was able to set up the 2nd line voice mail just fine and my 2nd phone connected to my scout rings just fine also. Only issue I'm having is the 2nd line voicemail will not pick up on multi ring.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Call support and ask to be escalated to T2/T3 because of bug 16155. They will try to find you a phone number with a different carrier or, as a last resort, port it over. We're working through a problem with one of our carriers having to do with multi-ring.