Voice Mail & Lynx device?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Darkbob
Voice Mail & Lynx device?

Post by Darkbob » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am

I've got 2 numbers. One number I want to forward to my cell ENTIRELY. The other number is just like a normal home phone.

I want unanswered calls at home to be picked up by my Ooma and unanswered calls on my cell to be picked up by my cell phone's voice mail service.

Ooma tells me this is best handled if I get a Lynx device for the 2nd line to better separate the numbers. I don't see why that's necessary. I can bring up one number on my dashboard and forward it. Shouldn't the other number just ring through to my Ooma device? What does the Lynx do for me?

Anybody have any experience with this configuration?

lbmofo

Re: Voice Mail & Lynx device?

Post by lbmofo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:15 am

You can do what you want without having to get Linx.

https://my.ooma.com/calling

"Forward all" to your cell on 1 number (make sure to not select "require key press" to answer so your cell VM will pick up if you make # ring before VM longer on Ooma than your cell).

The other number, you can probably choose "forward on network outage" so your Ooma VM will handle if no one picks up.

Linx provides physical dialtone so you can plug a phone system into it. It also allows you to create a private account so your main number and number assigned to the Linx ring separately.

Darkbob

Post by Darkbob » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Hummm.... well I tried before but Ooma couldn't make it work. I'll try once more before I open the Lynx box.

Darkbob

Post by Darkbob » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 am

Update... I got call forwarding to work! There is a bug in the Ooma system but i got it working thanks to help on here. The Lynx is going back to Costco. I dont need it.