Picture not working on all 4 handsets.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: Picture not working on all 4 handsets.

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:15 pm

sbwb wrote:I am using 4 handsets. When they get buggy all four of them get buggy at the same time and need constant updates/upgrades and resetting of the telo to function. It is probably best to return them since my 30 days is almost up in 4 more days. After working through another set of problems and bugs with them today this will be the third time they have needed upgrades in the last week to function. What is the process to begin the return on all 4 handsets?
Contact Ooma Customer Support for return procedure:
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT

If more then two Ooma HD handsets are registered to an Ooma Telo, then there are always a constant stream of Ooma HD handset problems.

That’s the way it was with the old Ooma HD1 handsets, and continues now with the current Ooma HD2 handsets/Linx devices.

The most common problems are the intermittent DECT Radio signal, lost DECT Radio signal, and freezes of the HD2 handsets/Linx devices (probably caused by the defective DECT Radio signal); the second most common problem is answering inbound calls with the HD2 handsets (more problems if using more then one line).

Calling outbound with the HD2 handsets, if the DECT Radio is working, seems to always work properly.

Four Panasonic Wireless DECT Radio handsets attached to the Ooma Telo phone port always works, 100% of the time, without ever having a failure!

sbwb

Post by sbwb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 am

Tom, please read my post in this thread on 06/05 where more problems started with no VPN and where they would not accept incoming calls. Another reboot was needed to get them working again and it appeared that it downloaded another upgrade. This was the third time in a week the phones malfunctioned and needed a reboot. A software upgrade was also performed a few days before the 06/02 upgrade when I called tech support as referenced in my message on 06/02 in this thread.

Thunderbird, thanks for the explanation. That would explain the non stop problems. I love Ooma Telo and have not had problems when the unit is attached to my wireless Uniden DECT phones. The HD handsets however are a nightmare and need non stop troubleshooting to function at basic levels.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:57 pm

To narrow down whether there's a problem with base or HS we need to simplify the system by powering down 3 of your handsets and see if any of the problems you report continue to happen on the one HS. If they do, then power that HS down and power up another. Monitor how that one works and report the results.

However you're not on our beta program so you may prefer to RMA or return the whole lot.

When you first register a HS it will upgrade the factory image to the latest. It won't have dialtone before that completes.

sbwb

Post by sbwb » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am

Tom, I will give your suggestion a try and see if that resolves the constant problems. Can you please tell me the procedure to power down a handset? Thanks!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:38 am

Unfortunately the hardware on HD2 does not support a power down state, so only way is to remove the batteries. Alternatively you can unregister selected handsets from the handset menu or by dialing on the phone port phone *#*#19x where x is the handset ID you wish to unregister.