Dropped calls

Learn how to troubleshoot any voice quality issues.
Josh
Dropped calls

Post by Josh » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I've used Ooma Office consistently now for 3 weeks. I have a strong internet upload speed of close to 4 mbps and download of close to 20 mbps. Unfortunately I've had several dropped call problems. Most recently, I was on a 30 minute phone call before I lost connection for no apparent reason and I was unable to hear the folks on the other end. A couple days ago I called twice to an individual via Office over a couple minutes. The first time it seemed like there was a connection (it stopped ringing), but I wasn't able to hear anyone on the other end. The second time I called I heard the individual briefly prior to loosing him again. I was forced to call on my cell phone before a good connection was made.

Anyone else having similar issues? I'm a longtime Ooma Telo home user and never had any trouble, but Ooma Office has been a different story.

thunderbird

Re: Dropped calls

Post by thunderbird » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Josh:
Try This First:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause Internet disconnects, dropped calls, garbled voice, and other problems, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma or Modem/router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem (or Modem/Router), your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router) and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem (or Modem/Router). When the Modem is done booting repower your Router (skip to Ooma Device if have Modem/Router). When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

jenmarchand

Re: Dropped calls

Post by jenmarchand » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:08 pm

I am attempting to follow these steps since we have had garbled calls for quite some time. We also suddenly, right after an internet speed upgrade, have all of our calls dropped at exactly 1 min 15 seconds.

I'm not sure if these steps will help, but when I go to the link for the IP address for ooma setup, I do NOT have an option that says Internet Port MAC Address. Mine says MODEM Port MAC Address. I did try the steps and choose built in for the Modem port MAC access, but I still have dropped calls.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!