Cannot make calls to India from the US

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
swapna
Cannot make calls to India from the US

Post by swapna » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:44 am

My Ooma premier trial service ended on Wednesday and since then I am unable to make any calls to India from the US which is my only reason of having a landline. I have a prepaid international 1000 minutes plan and have used 188 minutes so far. I get a message "Insufficient funds in your prepaid account. Please add funds to your account." Did anyone experience the same and does anyone have any suggestions for resolution?
I reported an incident for the same on Thursday and have not heard any update on it yet, as of Saturday. I called customer support to get a status update of "The ticket is in pending status and our technicians will work on it when they get to the ticket, and they don't work on the weekends." Is this the normal level of customer service at ooma? Should I get used to it?

parity_bit

Re: Cannot make calls to India from the US

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am

Sorry to hear that!
I think other people are having a similar problem. I recall reading about one other person with a very similar problem.
As far as customer service goes, I think that's their standard. Monday - Friday hours and chat interface on the weekends.
But if they did have weekend hours, I doubt the techs would be around on the weekend to accomplish any progress.

Sorry for your trouble, I hope you find some resolve to this issue.