Late and mis-dated voice mail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jdurand
Late and mis-dated voice mail

Post by jdurand » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:28 am

My message light just started flashing so I played the message and found I had three. Two seemed old so I went to my.ooma.com and checked, one was from Sunday and one says it's from October 3rd. I checked with that person and they called over this last weekend.

So, two messages not lighting the light until the third message came in and one of them having a crazy date on it.

parity_bit

Re: Late and mis-dated voice mail

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 am

jdurand wrote:My message light just started flashing so I played the message and found I had three. Two seemed old so I went to my.ooma.com and checked, one was from Sunday and one says it's from October 3rd. I checked with that person and they called over this last weekend.

So, two messages not lighting the light until the third message came in and one of them having a crazy date on it.

Craaaazzy!
I always make a habit of checking my.ooma.com/inbox or dialing my number from a preprogrammed button since I don't have the HD or HD2 handset from Ooma with dedicated voicemail button and since the Ooma is in a part of the dwelling that I'm not always in. If I know a call has come in I'll check the caller id and if I see a message waiting indicator light, I'll just hit the speed dial button for voice mail or check the inbox on my.ooma

All that aside, do you have a firewall with ports being forwarded? The reason I ask is I experienced some weirdness with number porting that the techs weren't able to diagnose and it was attributed to the firewall. All the ports were forwarded properly but they were "unable to see" my device from their end. Everything seemingly worked flawlessly but I was unable to pull up the Telo's bandwidth or DNS Test pages. I finally fixed it by tweeking some additional firewall settings via the gateway connected to the "modem" After many calls, and dropped calls, and broken promises of "we'll call you back" G-d helped me fix the problem myself. They reported "we did some tweeking on our end and everything checks out now" I just smiled to myself and let them think that. *grin*

If your Telo reports "all systems Go!" at the default http://172.27.35.1/status.lp (your internal IP may vary) then "hit up" Customer Support. I highly recommend them! ;)
No, seriously, for an outsourced effort I guess they are doing the best they can. If it's a real problem though, don't relent.

parity_bit

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 am

Also, you might check https://my.ooma.com/system
to see if under "Time Options" your timezone is set correctly.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with it, and you probably set it correctly, but just in case?

jdurand

Post by jdurand » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:57 am

It's been running fine for over a year and hasn't missed/mis-dated any voice mail since. I think it must have been a one-time glitch.

Well, two times since there was the voice mail that it didn't indicate and the other one with the wrong date.