ooma telo use in Europe - RESOLVED

Have an Ooma Office question not covered by another forum? Post your questions here.
brianrepko
ooma telo use in Europe - RESOLVED

Post by brianrepko » Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 am

I bought an ooma telo device in the states to take with us for our move to Switzerland. I was told that the device would work here. I also bought an HD2 handset. Got everything work in the states. Took them with us to Switzerland. Got everthing working in Switzerland.

Today, some folks from the OFCOM office stopped by and said that the DECT wireless communications are not allowed in Europe as they interfere with mobile communications. Technically only devices with a CE (Confirmite Europeenne) label are allowed but they were ok with it if I can get the DECT wireless communications turned off.

So clearly I need a handset that plugs in (no problem) - but I need to get the ooma telo to not turn on DECT wireless communications to look for a phone. I can't figure out how to do that and support has said that there is no way to do so. So in essence, the ooma telo, while power will work, does not work for DECT wireless communications.

Anyone know how to get this working properly in Europe?

lbmofo

Re: ooma telo use in Europe

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 am

Go into your Telo device setup page, DECT section and disable the DECT.

How to get to setup in here:

"Optimal Setup:"

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403

brianrepko

Post by brianrepko » Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 am

thank you thank you thank you - will let you know how it worked when OFCOM comes out again...

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 22, 2013 11:40 am

Reboot your device, go back in there to check if DECT is still disabled for kicks. After verification, you should be good.

bmwpratt

Re: ooma telo use in Europe - RESOLVED

Post by bmwpratt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 am

Did you have to buy a 110 to 220 adaptor for your power cable when going overseas?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 am

If I travel overseas with my Telo, do I need a voltage converter to 220V for power?

No (if you still use Telo factory power adapter), you would only need the travel power plug adapters. Please refer to a travel or electronics store for further information on specific adapters for each country.

kandadai

Post by kandadai » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:40 am

I wish I had read this forum. I had the same situation today in Switzerland and as suggested I have turned OFF the DECT feature.

The question is did you get any further visits from the swiss folks

Thanks

Hari