Problem Area Codes [Compiling list of]

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
parity_bit
Problem Area Codes [Compiling list of]

Post by parity_bit » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 am

I may not be the person to do this, and this may not ultimately be the format to use but I envision a need for a consolidation of useful data on area codes.

Reading the forums one can come across a number of people experiencing poor or no service in certain areas.
(I'm not experiencing any such problems, myself, but given the response rocksockdoc received in their thread http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16039 Quoting from that thread "we *do* have to report each and every phone number that doesn't work, to Ooma."

There needs to be a place to compare notes and compile a list of places known to experience these anomalies.
I am sure Ooma is doing this internally, but if they are indeed looking to the users for aid in tracking these occurences down, then should we have a place to do so? Also, it may help the next person down the line who just wants the technology to work and is frustrated to no avail because we, the average Ooma user, have no easy fix for them; we're simply subscribers, just like them, but at least care enough to do a slight bit of hand-holding.

So, for that list;
  • Area codes:

penman

Re: Problem Area Codes [Compiling list of]

Post by penman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:30 am

So, for that list;

Area codes:
705 (Eh)

cluebe

Post by cluebe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:50 am

Please add 402, and 317 problem area codes. Sometimes when I place calls with my ooma it rings eternally. When I get ahold of them on my cell phone the person I'm calling says that the phone rang and they answered it but could not hear anyone on the other line. VERY FRUSTRATING.

denmarks

Post by denmarks » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:04 pm

add 540 area code. My daughter lives there and we cannot get through consistently. Don't know if it is a voip to voip situation or just a whole in the system.