Show who's been blocked..

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
Re: Show who's been blocked..

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I don't have an estimated time frame yet on when we'll build comprehensive blacklist statistics, but I like the ACL example - nice idea!
lromero314 wrote:I'd also like that feature. It would be like when you look at an ACL in a firewall and it tells you how many hits a rule has had.
Bobby B

number9

Post by number9 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 am

If you blacklist the number and no longer get calls from that number, then why would you care how many times you get calls from that number?
Am I missing some thing? I'm just an oddly curious kind of guy.

Also my 2 cents: If you want help don't be a jerk! There are some damn fine people on this forum willing to help.
Plays PRS guitars

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 am

The reason is that many of us do not trust the Community Blacklist because we do not know what is on that list. So by knowing the calls that have been blocked you have an opportunity to correct any blacklist errors you do not intend. Much like looking at your SPAM folder for email.

Cheers,
Scott

number9

Post by number9 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:56 am

scottlindner wrote:The reason is that many of us do not trust the Community Blacklist because we do not know what is on that list. So by knowing the calls that have been blocked you have an opportunity to correct any blacklist errors you do not intend. Much like looking at your SPAM folder for email.

Cheers,
Scott
Ahh, Okay thanks Scott! That makes sense.
Plays PRS guitars