Not able to call my Ooma number with AT&T

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
gspace7
Not able to call my Ooma number with AT&T

Post by gspace7 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I have an AT&T iphone and get call ended when calling my Ooma device. I have had two others call that also have AT&T cell phones that cannot call. Verizon cellphones and land lines can call in. I can call my Ooma through Google Voice app on my iPhone using my Google Voice number. Any suggestions?

murphy

Re: Not able to call my Ooma number with AT&T

Post by murphy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Call AT&T with your cell phone and tell them you can't call a known working number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:02 pm

When my dad got his Verison IPhone, it took about 3 hours before he could call my Ooma phone number. I would wait a couple of hour first. Then call AT&T if it does not work.

gspace7

Post by gspace7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 am

I have only been able to call my Ooma a handful of times from my AT&T iPhone. I have called Ooma and have worked with AT&T's IT Department for an hour and it still does not work. But I can call through Google Voice on my iPhone.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am

gspace7 wrote:I have only been able to call my Ooma a handful of times from my AT&T iPhone. I have called Ooma and have worked with AT&T's IT Department for an hour and it still does not work. But I can call through Google Voice on my iPhone.
Can you call your Ooma number from your cell phone?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 am

thunderbird wrote:
gspace7 wrote:I have only been able to call my Ooma a handful of times from my AT&T iPhone. I have called Ooma and have worked with AT&T's IT Department for an hour and it still does not work. But I can call through Google Voice on my iPhone.
Can you call your Ooma number from your cell phone?
gspace7 wrote:I have only been able to call my Ooma a handful of times from my AT&T iPhone.

usma95

Post by usma95 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:43 am

After moving and changing our Ooma from a "there" number to a "here" number (new local area code), we now cannot call our Ooma number--even though it otherwise works for both incoming and outgoing numbers.

Ooma has sent us a replacement, but I suspect the issue is with AT&T--not Ooma.

I did call AT&T and they refused to believe it was an AT&T issue. Our Blackberries (on AT&T wireless) produce the annoying tone and the "We're sorry, you have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service."

Both AT&T and Ooma staff are puzzled. We're annoyed.

JerryD

Post by JerryD » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Are you blacklisted by any chance?

fourg

Post by fourg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:23 am

I'm having the same problem where it seems only people on AT&T mobile phones can't reach my Ooma which I just setup brand new with a brand new number a couple days ago. When they call it rings two or three times then gives them a "call cannot be completed as dialed". I've confirmed people on landline phones and on Verizon mobile phones can reach the Ooma phone number without any issue. Problem is my wife and I have AT&T for a mobile service. Ooma confirmed with a test call they could reach my Ooma number, so it appears an issue between Ooma and AT&T. What a pain. If anyone knows a fast track with AT&T or Ooma to get this resolved let me know, otherwise I'll be drowning in first and second level support for a while.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 am

Call AT&T cell phone support and tell them you can't reach a known working number with your AT&T cell phone. All they need to know is the number that you are trying to call. They do not need to know that it is an Ooma number.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx