Nomorobo call blocking service

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
WJBertrand
Nomorobo call blocking service

Post by WJBertrand » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:43 am

Will Ooma be making this work for blocking robo calls?

http://live.nomorobo.com/

Checking nomorobo's web site says that Ooma doesn't offer simultaneous ring service, but with the premier service at lease there is this functionality.
WJBertrand
Ventura, CA

lbmofo

Re: Nomorobo call blocking service

Post by lbmofo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:12 am

Seems like how this works is you multi-ring them and if you mark a call spam on thier site (and/or the caller is already identified as spammer), their computer will answer right away and hang up on the call so your phone only rings once at most.

To do multi-ring with Ooma, you'd need Premier. Premier has community & personal blacklist so you may not need this service. Although Ooma's community blacklist maybe less extensive (when nomorobo gets established more), Ooma's personal blacklist gives you so much more control (option to send to voicemail in case caller legit & wildcard blacklisting gives you ability to block whole area code and more) and your phone would never ring if call coming from blocked number.

Rence

Post by Rence » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:04 pm

I just got the email about signing up for NOMOROBO - they are now live with some carriers - you fill in the carriers you have and they tell you whether or not it will work with them.

They do have Ooma in the Landline drop down box - but they gave me a message that I should call Ooma customer service and request that Ooma add Simultaneous Ringing - so that NOMOROBO will work.

I love Ooma's blacklist and community blacklist - and NOMOROBO would be just one more feature to further reduce these annoying robocalls. I would hope that Ooma would support NOMOROBO by implementing Simultaneous Ringing.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Since Ooma currently allows only 1 multi-ring number, (unless you want to just have nomorobo take up that 1 spot) you can multi-ring a free Google Voice number and then have that number ring nomorobo if you want (plus whatever number you want to multi-ring). I see google voice being one of the choices but they say "not supported" as of now...which is strange because you can use Google Voice to ring lots of phones. Google voice sign up viewtopic.php?t=13383#p93077

dthorpe

Post by dthorpe » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:01 am

So how do you get past nomorobo's stupid signup procedure if they list Ooma but don't support it? Selecting "other" gives the same response - not supported.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 am

I tried to sign up selecting something they are supposed to support (Uverse) and still no emails or notifications after days.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:49 pm

I've contacted Nomorobo. They will do some testing and then add us to the supported list. Stay tuned.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Tom B wrote:I've contacted Nomorobo. They will do some testing and then add us to the supported list. Stay tuned.
Are you planning to support all subs?
I suppose a sub would subscribe to this feature and then things happen behind the scenes instead of defining forwards at the user account level.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Please clarify. AFAIK a customer interested in this service would just configure it in MyOoma.

BLL

Post by BLL » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Tom B wrote:I've contacted Nomorobo. They will do some testing and then add us to the supported list. Stay tuned.

so what ever happened to this? I went to the nomorobo site, selected ooma from the list and got the message about ooma not being supported, please contact them and request the feature etc