All Circuits Busy ??

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Leeway
All Circuits Busy ??

Post by Leeway » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:59 am

No one could call me yesterday for a few hours. Finally a friend called my cell phone to tell me that she would dial my number and get the message "All Circuits Are Busy At This Time, Please Try Later". I had to test it so I called my Ooma phone from my cell phone and heard it for myself.

Everyone trying to call here was getting that message but I could call out just fine. One friend that I called said she got the Ooma answering machine but no message.

How can all circuits be busy???

Oh,it was a particularly bad day for this because we were planning a club trip and those without email were trying to rsvp via phone.

Groundhound

Re: All Circuits Busy ??

Post by Groundhound » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:35 am

Likely a local issue, and one I didn't have, but I'd like to know the cause. Did you speak to the phone support people?

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm

I didn't speak to anyone about it. I wouldn't have a clue who to to ask what happened other than coming here? I do not have a land line of any flavor and to me, that message belongs to a land line not a VOIP phone.

Yep, I'd like to have an answer also

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Bummer about this happening when you really needed the phone to work for the club trip!

ooma uses partners to service calls to various areas around the company. What Groundhound was referring to was to ask ooma's customer support (888 711-6662) to look into it for you. If you know the times and numbers that people were trying to call they can check the phone logs and see if something was happening. And a suggestion - don't rely on email for support issues. A quick phone call seems to always work better.

Make sure to post back with the resolution. It may help someone in the future!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

kleinmak

Post by kleinmak » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:51 am

Leeway: I live in Indianapolis and had the same "All Circuits Busy" problem with incoming calls. Outgoing calls weren't affected. I contacted customer support yesterday and they told me there was, indeed, an outage although not one that affected a great many customers. I told them that I had checked the "status" page but no mention of the outage was present there. CSR told me that it should have been posted; perhaps it wasn't because the outage affected only a relatively small number of customers.

michael

niknak

Post by niknak » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Ooma's servers were not down, the telephone company that Ooma uses to route calls in that rate center must have had problems