Voicemail Audible Alert??

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
PatG
Voicemail Audible Alert??

Post by PatG » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi All
Is there any way to set the OOMA box so that it will chirp or beep and notify me of a voicemail? We keep our OOMA box in the study - I sometimes don't notice voicemails until hours (or occasionally days) later. Thanks for any assistance with this.
Pat

lbmofo

Re: Voicemail Audible Alert??

Post by lbmofo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:22 pm

This is in the queue of enhancement requests: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7963&start=10#p85831

However, if you have any newer phone system, there should be some kind of visible alert telling you you have voicemail.

estringus

Re: Voicemail Audible Alert??

Post by estringus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:45 am

I am new to Ooma having just purchased / set it up a week ago. So far I am very pleased however, this feature will be missed badly. My family is trained to listen for a beeping sound from my Uniden cordless phone / answering machine. I currently have the answering machine turned off but will most likely be turning it back on so I can get the audible alert back. When we walk in the door if the phone beeps we listen to the message. We have elderly parents and they only call our "land line" and I don't want to miss a message if they need our help. My Uniden is an older system and it has this feature. Seem it would be easy to add to the Ooma's firmware. Please consider adding this feature.