Should I return my Ooma and wait for Telo?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
niknak
Re: Should I return my Ooma and wait for Telo?

Post by niknak » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Amazon's prices depend on supply at any given time

pl1

Post by pl1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:57 am

niknak wrote:Amazon's prices depend on supply at any given time
I recently got burned on the price of an Acer netbook. I couldn't make my mind up on whether to get the 3hr or 6hr battery, $239 vs. $259. I had ordered and canceled the $239 model. Next thing I know, it's $259 vs. $279. I don't believe it has gone back down. And, this same phenomenon happened on Ebay. Supply and demand.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:15 am

frank1 wrote: A single phone in the telo wouldn't be enough for me anyway. Even if I had the telo, I'd still have to use a set of Dect 6.0 phones anyway.
My understanding is that the Telo will be able to support up to 6 handsets. I'm not sure, but I believe you will get two handsets in the box.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:04 pm

lohertz wrote:
frank1 wrote: A single phone in the telo wouldn't be enough for me anyway. Even if I had the telo, I'd still have to use a set of Dect 6.0 phones anyway.
My understanding is that the Telo will be able to support up to 6 handsets. I'm not sure, but I believe you will get two handsets in the box.
I think for some potential buyers, the Telo will appear to be simpler to connect and operate. I can see where the Hub & Scout could be a little intimidating to some. Having said that, I am very satisfied with the Hub/Scout combination. And, I have six cordless Dect 6.0 handsets tied to the primary number (well, actually ten cordless units, but we don't need to go there right now). All six units cost me $130 (plus a few bucks for the govinator) and they work great.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.