Annoying ooma marketing message

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mrbig
Annoying ooma marketing message

Post by mrbig » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Is there a way to disable that annoying ooma marketing message that you hear after someone leaves a message? It says, "Thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine."

WayneDsr

Re: Annoying ooma marketing message

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:20 pm

There has been mention of this before in the forums and I believe the answer is no, nothing we can do. I have noticed though, that rarely anyone hears it, normally they hang right up after leaving a voicemail.

Wayne

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:55 pm

WayneDsr wrote:I have noticed though, that rarely anyone hears it, normally they hang right up after leaving a voicemail.
Wayne
Thanks for the answer Wayne. It's actually something that's annoying for ME to have to listen to every time a message is left (generally from a telemarketer).

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Is this like the movies that put outtakes after the credits?

Scott

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:36 pm

scottlindner wrote:I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Scott
It only happens if you have 'Message Screening' as an option to your account. You hear it after the person has left a message in screening mode, not during playback.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 pm

mrbig wrote:
scottlindner wrote:I have never heard this message. I'm not sure I understand how you even go about hearing it. I have left many messages for my wife, and we have both listened to many messages.

Scott
It only happens if you have 'Message Screening' as an option to your account. You hear it after the person has left a message in screening mode, not during playback.
We do have message screening enabled, we don't hear it. Maybe we're really good at ignoring it?

Scott

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:01 pm

It only comes on if the caller leaves a message and then hits # (I think) to end. Not many... well, actually no one here ever hits # to end, they just hang up after leaving the message. ooma girl never gets a chance to speak.

Wayne

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:02 pm

WayneDsr wrote:It only comes on if the caller leaves a message and then hits # (I think) to end. Not many... well, actually no one here ever hits # to end, they just hang up after leaving the message. ooma girl never gets a chance to speak.

Wayne
I understand now. I guess everyone that calls me is too lazy to press # and then hang up. I'm not sure I understand why someone would actually do that. What is the benefit?

Scott

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:04 pm

You get the hear the sexy ooma girl, that's about it.

(man you're fast at responding!)

Wayne

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:27 pm

That was lucky timing. I happened to be looking at another post and saw this one come in. I responded before I even received the notification.

Scott