Annoying ooma marketing message

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mrbig
Re: Annoying ooma marketing message

Post by mrbig » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:18 am

The caller does not have to hit # in order to activate the "ooma girl." If none of you are hearing it, that must mean there's a way to disable it. BTW, if someone calls and decides not to leave a message, the ooma girl says, "I did not hear you, thank you for using the ooma broadband answering machine, goodbye." This is as irritating as car dealers when they put that metal plaque on the trunk of your car identifying the dealership.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:29 am

I don't know what I did, but I have never heard it. From what you are saying, I am very glad I am not hearing it because it would annoy me as well.

Could this be related to firmware version on the Hub?

Cheers,
Scott

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 am

scottlindner wrote: Could this be related to firmware version on the Hub?
Ooh, so there's a way to update the firmware? I was unaware of that so maybe there's hope. I'll have to root around here to find out how to do it. Thanks for the tip.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:45 am

mrbig wrote:
scottlindner wrote: Could this be related to firmware version on the Hub?
Ooh, so there's a way to update the firmware? I was unaware of that so maybe there's hope. I'll have to root around here to find out how to do it. Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if we have any control or visibility into that, but I have read somewhere on this forum about it. Good luck searching for it, and let us know what you find.

Cheers,
Scott

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 am

I don't know what this means, but the state page of my Ooma Hub shows "Rev: 24912.24912"

Scott

mrbig

Post by mrbig » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 am

scottlindner wrote:I don't know what this means, but the state page of my Ooma Hub shows "Rev: 24912.24912"

Scott
I found out that upgrades are automatically pushed though. I've e-mailed Bobby to see if there's anything that can be done. Kinda make me regret "upgrading" to their Enhanced Voicemail plan.

StevenJohn

Post by StevenJohn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:18 am

I have not heard this and I hope I never do. I like it the way it is now on my ooma.

sj

Wilsonium

Post by Wilsonium » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:51 am

I agree... this is very undesirable behavior and should be removed for people paying for premium service. Like the metal plate car dealers put on your new car AND the stupid ads you are forced to watch before a movie at the theaters... we pay for the service... we shouldn't be giving ooma free advertising. Just my $.02

Cheers
Don

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Just my 2 cents, but with Free local calling, FREE long distance, FREE Call Waiting, FREE Caller ID, FREE BASIC VOICEMAIL and $99 a year for ALL THE EXTRAS I'm ok with an ooma ad in a very unobtrusive place!

Wayne

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:43 pm

WayneDsr wrote:Just my 2 cents, but with Free local calling, FREE long distance, FREE Call Waiting, FREE Caller ID, FREE BASIC VOICEMAIL and $99 a year for ALL THE EXTRAS I'm ok with an ooma ad in a very unobtrusive place!
That won't be true for most people. I agree with Wilsonium. It's appropriate for the no monthly fee service, inappropriate for those paying subscription fees. You can gripe about FREEness ($99/yr isn't free in my book) as much as you want, annoying people and pissing people off is going to keep people away. Look at the DVR market and the most common cited reason people love their DVR. It isn't watching shows when you want. It isn't the guide features. It isn't the time shifting. It's the easy of skipping commercials. We are overharrassed in this nation and people have hit their tolerance threshold.

Scott