Forgotten voice mail PIN reset?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
dlherrin
Forgotten voice mail PIN reset?

Post by dlherrin » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:23 am

It seems that I have forgotten the voice mail PIN I chose during the installation of my ooma hub two weeks ago. Is there some way to reset it? If there is, it isn't obvious. Thanks!

Dave
Belle Mead, New Jersey

Clifftr

Re: Forgotten voice mail PIN reset?

Post by Clifftr » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:33 am

My guess is that a call to tech support will take care of this issue for you.

dlherrin

Re: Forgotten voice mail PIN reset?

Post by dlherrin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Clifftr wrote:My guess is that a call to tech support will take care of this issue for you.
Thanks for the idea. I fired off an email to ooma tech support about an hour after you posted your message and have yet to hear from them. In the meantime I have tried it a few more times and my voice account is now disabled, probably a result of having tried and failed too many times. Ironically, I have probably found the answer on my own -- in the ooma KB:
the ooma KB wrote:261426 : Broadband Answer Machine (BAM)

...Changing Voicemail Settings

Pick up a home phone and dial your home phone number (or press the play button on the associated Hub or Scout). From the main menu, select option 2. You will then be able to:

- Change your PIN
- Change your personal greeting
- Change the type of greeting played to callers
This doesn't work for me now because my voice mail account has been disabled. I am currently waiting on the voice tech support "hotline" and have been in muzak purgatory for 20 minutes.

Let this be a lesson -- don't let this happen to you!

Dave

P.S. While I was writing this I got a prompt to leave a voice message for tech support -- after waiting in the queue for 20 minutes.
Belle Mead, New Jersey