How to install/cancel Premier?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
midnighthush
How to install/cancel Premier?

Post by midnighthush » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 pm

I just installed Ooma and everything is working fine. My question is, was Premier (free trial) automatically turned on when I installed Ooma or do I actually have to do something to activate it? I just don't want to be unknowingly billed at the end of 60 days without knowing it was activated the whole time.

Thanks!

WayneDsr

Re: How to install/cancel Premier?

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:38 pm

You'll automatically have it until your trial period expires.

Wayne

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:14 pm

There is no automatic billing for Premier after the trial period. Premier only automatically bills after you sign up for it. Also, you should see a number of days countdown for the Premier trial on the left hand side of the lounge.

t6man

Post by t6man » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 am

bw1 wrote:There is no automatic billing for Premier after the trial period. Premier only automatically bills after you sign up for it. Also, you should see a number of days countdown for the Premier trial on the left hand side of the lounge.
I was wondering if my Premier service would automatically renew at the end of one year or if I would be asked if I wanted to renew. Since it automatically renews, what do I need to do at the end of one year if I decide I do not want to continue it? Do I have to call them?

but2002

Post by but2002 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:42 pm

t6man wrote:
bw1 wrote:There is no automatic billing for Premier after the trial period. Premier only automatically bills after you sign up for it. Also, you should see a number of days countdown for the Premier trial on the left hand side of the lounge.
I was wondering if my Premier service would automatically renew at the end of one year or if I would be asked if I wanted to renew. Since it automatically renews, what do I need to do at the end of one year if I decide I do not want to continue it? Do I have to call them?
You didn't read correctly

The trial period automatically cancels itself, it does not automatically renew.
It ONLY automatically renews if you decide to sign up for premier. Since you did not, you will not be billed

iSEPIC

Post by iSEPIC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 pm

t6man wrote:
According to the terms, the premier service will atomically rebill if you don't cancel it.

https://www.ooma.com/termsandconditions/

(e) Automatic Billing: Certain of our Services, including but not limited to our Premier Services, feature automatic rebilling. In such circumstances, for your convenience, your credit card will be automatically billed at the end of each term which will renew your membership for another like term. You may terminate automatic rebilling at any time by notifying us at least thirty (30) days before rebilling is to take place. Failure on your part to notify us of your desire not to be rebilled, will result in your account being rebilled and you agree to hold harmless and indemnify us from any and all claims of wrongful billing.

iSEPIC

Post by iSEPIC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 pm

but2002 wrote:
t6man wrote:

It ONLY automatically renews if you decide to sign up for premier. Since you did not, you will not be billed
I'm not 100% sure I believe what you say is accurate, as in the terms for the trial it says (see link above):

(c) Trial offers and special promotions: ooma may offer its customers free trials of individual or bundled services as special promotions from time to time. Such services are not guaranteed and can be modified, extended, altered, or cancelled by ooma at any time without notice. You will be notified when these features and services are due to expire. Should you fail to notify ooma of your intention to cancel the use of these promotional features and services beyond the trial period, you may be charged fees for continued usage.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 pm

t6man wrote:
From what I've read, you'll get an email sometime before it will automatically renew and presumably an opportunity to cancel at that time.

This all assumes you've signed up for an annual premier subscription.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 pm

iSEPIC wrote:
but2002 wrote:
t6man wrote: I was wondering if my Premier service would automatically renew at the end of one year or if I would be asked if I wanted to renew. Since it automatically renews, what do I need to do at the end of one year if I decide I do not want to continue it? Do I have to call them?

I'm not 100% sure I believe what you say is accurate, as in the terms for the trial it says (see link above):

(c) Trial offers and special promotions: ooma may offer its customers free trials of individual or bundled services as special promotions from time to time. Such services are not guaranteed and can be modified, extended, altered, or cancelled by ooma at any time without notice. You will be notified when these features and services are due to expire. Should you fail to notify ooma of your intention to cancel the use of these promotional features and services beyond the trial period, you may be charged fees for continued usage.
You automatically get a 60 day trial of premier (6 months if you buy from Costco) starting when you activate the ooma service.
If you don't subscribe to premier, you don't have to provide a credit card, so ooma wouldn't be able to charge any fees at the end of the 60 day trial.

I think the TOS you've listed above, are possibly for future trials or promotions.

estecco

Post by estecco » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:13 pm

How do I add a second line during the ooma premier trial?
Thank you.