New User - Old # forwarded to temp #- Features Not Working

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
ilink003
New User - Old # forwarded to temp #- Features Not Working

Post by ilink003 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:17 am

I'm a brand new user and while I'm waiting for my number to be ported I have my old phone number being forwarded to my temporary OOMA number. When someone calls my original phone number it's being forwarded without issue, however the features such as black list and multi ring don't work unless the call is made directly to my temporary number. Is this something I'll just have to live with until my number is ported or is there a work around?

Groundhound

Re: New User - Old # forwarded to temp #- Features Not Working

Post by Groundhound » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 am

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a work-around for that issue, at least with respect to the blacklists. I recall when I was waiting for my port that multiring didn't work on my forward number, but I figured it was due to that and sure enough the issue went away when my port was complete.

kenra

Post by kenra » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:55 am

I have the same setup and the blacklist does not work on the forwarded landline number. A CSR told me that it would not, but will work when it is ported. I do not use the multi ring so I can't help your there.

ilink003

Post by ilink003 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks for the info.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:44 pm

None of the ooma premier features work with a forwarded number or an integrated landline currently. There is an update coming that should address this.