Push 1 to answer forwarded call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
just4fn
Push 1 to answer forwarded call

Post by just4fn » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:05 pm

I know you have to push 1 to answer a forwarded call. Does anybody know why they put that in place. Is it a security feature or a technical issue? Anybody know?
Ooma Telo, Hub.
1958 was a very good year!
No cell phone , no land line- just Ooma
all my eggs in one Ooma basket
I lied- my wife has a cell, but not me!! I like my privacy and not being attached to a phone.

Groundhound

Re: Push 1 to answer forwarded call

Post by Groundhound » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:22 pm

There's been plenty of discussion in other threads about why some don't want it. One reason someone may want it is so they will know the call was routed through their home number before it came to the forwarded-to number – that way they could decide whether to take the call or let ooma's VM or someone still at home answer it.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:36 am

Groundhound wrote:There's been plenty of discussion in other threads about why some don't want it. One reason someone may want it is so they will know the call was routed through their home number before it came to the forwarded-to number – that way they could decide whether to take the call or let ooma's VM or someone still at home answer it.
Isn't it to ensure other VM services on the other numbers do not take the message rather than Ooma's VM?

Scott

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:04 am

That too. My opinion is that push 1 should be a toggle choice in the lounge.