Forward to email and delete from your voicemail box

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
llihc
Forward to email and delete from your voicemail box

Post by llihc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 am

When I was with Bell, I was able to setup my voicemail so that it would forward to my email and then delete from the system. As I never retrieve voicemail from the ooma unit (I always listen to the voicemail from an email), I`m left with continually deleting voicemails.

A small box to tick that says:
"Forward to email and save in voicemail"
"Forward to email and save in voicemail for X days", or
"Forward to email and delete from your voicemail box".

I hope this is an easy 'Feature Request'!

hanna

Re: Forward to email and delete from your voicemail box

Post by hanna » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 pm

I would like to second this request. Ooma device is already expensive compared to alternatives, especially now that MajicJack works independent of a computer. Google Voice provides free voice transcription and email delivery as well as multiple features Ooma charges for. Even with a Premium Subscription, Ooma seems to chip away with too may little charges so that the service is becoming less appealing all the time. Pleas Ooma, give us a reason to stay.

oomg

Post by oomg » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 am

Sorry, but I disagree. One of the features I like about Ooma is the ability forward the message to email while retaining the message in the Ooma system for future reference.

So that you understand my madness, this is what I have been doing. I have created an email address that is designated for my iPhone, and forward all messages from multiple Ooma accounts to that email address as mp3 file. Even if I delete the message on my iPhone, it is retained on the Ooma system from which it has originated. I have also created a second email account which serves as an archive of all messages left on my Ooma systems.

After all messages have been archived, I can go to "my ooma" and delete messages in bulk if I want to clear them from the account. Generally, I will keep them active on "my ooma" for about 90 days.

Having said all that, I would not have any objection to a switch on the preferences page that would allow the user the option to delete messages once they have been emailed. However, if it must be one way or the other, leave it alone.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

sberube

Post by sberube » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Vonage had this same issue. And I really don't consider it an issue.

But, how about an option to reply to the voicemail email with the text DELETE

and that clears it out?

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm

llihc, I love your idea. Giving customers a choice like you suggested is great. I would love to see this as long as its an option.

hellohowareyou

Post by hellohowareyou » Fri May 17, 2013 2:17 pm

please PLEASE do this -- how hard can it be?!

boberonicus

Post by boberonicus » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

llihc wrote:"Forward to email and delete from your voicemail box".
+1.
Not having the message deleted means that my phones blink all the time until I manually log in and delete all of the messages. Over 1700 people have viewed this thread, I'm guessing that means there are more than 3-4 people interested.

krokusmtl

Post by krokusmtl » Thu May 14, 2015 9:01 am

+1
Opened a chat Box and wasted 30 min. to be told that I have to delete manually. I know that... I want it done automatically.

It has been almost 3 years since the first request. You would think it be done by now. Its really not that complicated.

jtroth

Post by jtroth » Thu May 21, 2015 1:37 pm

+1

Telo_BK

Post by Telo_BK » Mon May 25, 2015 3:12 am

oomg wrote:Sorry, but I disagree. One of the features I like about Ooma is the ability forward the message to email while retaining the message in the Ooma system for future reference.

Having said all that, I would not have any objection to a switch on the preferences page that would allow the user the option to delete messages once they have been emailed. However, if it must be one way or the other, leave it alone.
The request specifically mentions "a small box to tick" to enable/disable the delete feature. I fully agree, as I am in the very same situation. Thanks to llihc for posting this.