Do you have mobile app login issues?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Tony
Ooma Moderator
Do you have mobile app login issues?

Post by Tony » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Some of you may have Mobile App login issues (Android and iOS).

If that happens, please try the following:

- Login to MyOoma, go to Account/Security, change your Account Password to a temporary new one and [Save]
(you may restore your desired password at a later time), logout from MyOoma and try to log back in to make sure you are using the correct new temporary password,

- Start your Ooma Mobile app using your phone number and new temporary password.

If the Ooma Mobile app still fails to login, please PM (Private Message) me with your phone number and temporary password so I can try myself. Please indicate also your O.S. (Android or iOS), the Ooma mobile app version, you O.S. version, phone model, and the symptoms you are seeing.

tomchateu

Re: Do you have mobile app login issues?

Post by tomchateu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 am

Hi Tony,

How do I PM you?

We have gone through all the steps your suggest and still can't login in.

Thanks

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am

tomchateu wrote:Hi Tony,

How do I PM you?

We have gone through all the steps your suggest and still can't login in.

Thanks
Click on the envelope icon under his picture.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Summary of what works for the devices I have and what does NOT work:

iPad AIR with IOS 7.1.2:
Ooma Mobile HD Ver 5.0 ad 5.1 work fine although there a slew of user UNFRIENDLY non-features that I have shared with multiple support folks via phone. Was appreciated.

iPad 1 with IOS 5.1:
Ooma Mobile HD Ver 5.0 would not install at all. tried from iTunes library.

iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1.3:
Note: The iPhone is the most important device for the app to work with.
Ooma Mobile HD Ver 5.0 - installs, allows you to enter user and pwd and favorites. However, after closing the app then reopening it, it never completes sign in.
Ooma Mobile HD Ver 5.1 - exactly the same result as with Ver 5.0. However, Ver 5.1 will NOT even install from iTunes library. When you drag it on top of the iPhone in the list, and click Sync it a) never appears in the iTunes progress bar and b) disappears from the iTunes iphone screen when it gets placed when first dragging onto the iphone name (in iTunes. When I attempt to d/l from the App Store (from device), it states it is designed for IOS 6.1.6 and higher, stating if I go forward will install the older (I guess App Ver 5.0) App. What is going on. Is Ooma designing for Jailbroke devices. IOS 6.1.6 is NOT an Apple IOS. Finally, there is good reason for NOT installing IOS 7.x onto an iPhone 4. So, Mr Ooma, I am one of your new customers (bought into Premier for 1st yr). Just got my phone number ported. Everything went smoothly, Ooma Telo 2 is working perfectly. After one day, I can tell Telemarketers getting trapped. Phone is not ringing Hooray and Thank You.

PLEASE PUT IN SOME MIDNIGHT OIL AND REALLY GET THE OOMA MOBILE APP TO WORK ON IOS 6.1.3 in an iPhone 4 and while not quite as important, with luck the next TRUE UPDATE will also work in an ole iPad 1 with IOS 5.1.

Morac

Post by Morac » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:15 pm

iOS Mobile App 5.1 is not compatible with iOS 8.1.1 (maybe also iOS 8.1). A ticket has been opened for this and according to an email I received they are working on a fix.

The work around I was given is to turn of OOMA Mobile. Not really a work around, but that's what I was told. If you have an old copy of version 5.0 lying around, that still works in iOS 8.1.1, but unless you turn off auto-update, it will update to version 5.1 automatically.

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tony » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Reply to Iraisok and Morac:

- The current build and future build of Ooma Mobile app on iTunes does not support iOS 5.x,

- iOS 6.1.6 seems to be a legitimate build from Apple, see http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT1222 and http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202920,

- We have fixed the issue of compatibility with iOS 8.1.1, we will soon have the updated Ooma Mobile app on iTunes (once Apple approves the update).

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Reply to Tony:

The list you link to does not include IPhone 4 in the IOS 6.1. 6 group. The term 4th Gen refers to iPod touch.

Also see http://www.everyi.com/by-capability/max ... -ipad.html

1. I am certain the final IOS 6.x that will INSTALL / OFFERED by Apple was IOS 6.1.3.

2. Does Ooma app designers agree that neither Ooma mobile hd app Ver 5.0 nor 5.1 works with an iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1.3?

4. I would gladly participate in testing of an update.

Please support the iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1.3. It simply does not work yet.

Ira

tkljr

Post by tkljr » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 am

Tony wrote:Reply to Iraisok and Morac:
- We have fixed the issue of compatibility with iOS 8.1.1, we will soon have the updated Ooma Mobile app on iTunes (once Apple approves the update).
What app version has the "fix"? The recent 5.1.6.0 update still has the problem. If I turn off Ooma Mobile on "My Ooma" I get one shot at logging in the app (after accepting the 3 agreements again) but subsequent attempts at opening the app result in the "Enable Mobile Client" errors. "My Ooma" shows Ooma Mobile as enabled again.

Thanks,

Tom

Iraisok

Post by Iraisok » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 am

Tom or anyone,

1. Why isn't the Ooma mobile hd App found from a search at the App Store whether from iPad, iPhone or iTunes App Store?
It once did come up.

I have ver 5.1 installed on my iPad Air with IOS 7.1.2 and as stated in other posts, it works.

2. Where did you find and D/L mobile app ver 5.1.6.0? Where is there mention of this release?

3. Wonder if it will work with iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1.3? Neither ver 5.0 or 5.1 does.

4. Is Ooma working to resolve no support for iPhone 4 with 6.1.3? It is not advantages to install IOS 7.1.2 in an iPhone 4.

5. Anyone reading the forum that has Ooma Mobile HD app ver 5.1 working properly in an iPhone 4 with IOS 7.1.2 (final for i4)?
Was there a performance hit going from IOS 6.1.3 to IOS 7.1.2 in the iPhone 4? I might just wait (hope) that Ooma solve the problem with the app for IOS 6.1.3 but would still appreciate hearing from someone with an iPhone 4 with IOS 7.1.2 and a working Ooma app. If so, is the version of the app 5.1?

Tnx,
Ira

Morac

Post by Morac » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 am

There is no 5.1.6 version, at least not for iOS. The latest iOS Mobile app is 5.1 and that's the one that's broken in iOS 8.1.1.

Assuming a new version has been submitted, I hope Apple approves it quickly. Note to Tom, Apple allows emergency fixes to be submitted with a priority review process which greatly speeds up review time. You might want to look into that.