Wireless not working

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
keitht
Wireless not working

Post by keitht » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Having a very difficult time getting wireless networking to function on our brand new telo (well, 3 weeks old, been trying to get it working for 3 weeks). The telo connects if I run a cord to my router. If I try to configure the wireless, I get mixed results. I've already been sent one replacement wireless adapter by support, but that didn't help. I can scan for networks, and it will detect my networks, but it refuses to connect to them - "Network cannot be added". If I try to add manually, it says cannot add network. My telo is arms length away from my router. I've never had any issues connecting devices to this router before. It is a Netgear model WNDR3700. I enabled the guest network on the router and disabled all security. It will not connect here either.
In one odd twist, definitely a fluke, I was at the adding network screen and rebooted the telo before it finished. When it came back up, it did actually connect to the guest network and I'm pretty sure the telo connected to the ooma network. It didn't take very long for the connection to drop though. That was the only time this telo has ever connected to my wireless network.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Keith

thunderbird

Re: Wireless not working

Post by thunderbird » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 pm

A couple of ideas:

Make sure that you delete any networks, in the Wireless page in Ooma Setup, that you attempted to connect to, before trying to connect again.

In the router, temporarily reduce the Wi-Fi security level to "No Wi-Fi Security" or "Wi-Fi security off". The try connecting.

I use a Wi-Fi security level of WPA2, which works very well.

keitht

Post by keitht » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually tried both of those. The guest network on my router has no security enabled. The ooma telo is unable to connect to this guest network. The only time a network shows up in the network list is if I add it manually. The connection doesn't work so I've been removing those.

Keith

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:39 pm

keitht: Maybe you could "wade" through this thread for the Netgear 3400 and see if anything there that might help?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16028&p=111925&hili ... 00#p111925

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 pm

webroot cyber security is a ultimate internet security suite for complete protection against today's diverse range of threat on windows. Install webroot with key code key features are 100% secure secure shopping, 1 click virus scanning, malicious website filtering, unblock antivirus.if you want to install it then visit our site:

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 pm

webroot safe offer total security of sensitive files over the entirety of your gadgets thatwebroot activation key code incorporate a wide range of IOS gadgets, OS gadgets just as Android devices.

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Download reliable antivirus programming programs at a moderate cost.webroot safe install this antivirus program secures up to 3 PCs or Macs with quick scans and no interruptions.

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Windows is a progression of working frameworks created by Microsoft.windows 10 activation key Every form of Windows incorporates a graphical UI, with a work area that enables clients to see records and envelopes in windows.

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

It is all time best protective antivirus and anti-spyware .windows update It is real time protection technology and it is safer , faster and more complete than ever before.if want to install it then visit our site.

elena

Post by elena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Install mcafee antivirus in your computer with high class professionals and best tech team.Mcafee activate Just ring us and we are ready to assist you till the last minute of installation - mcafee.com/activate