Google Voice Invites

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
t4feb
Google Voice Invites

Post by t4feb » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 am

Hey just a short note to let everyone know that Google Voice has sent me my invite, so this tells me they are kicking things in the butt now and hopefully ooma will start setting things up with the Google Voice. Just a little gleam of hope here.
Terry

Perrelet

Re: Google Voice Invites

Post by Perrelet » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm

I received my invite today as well.

StevenJohn

Post by StevenJohn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:10 am

Still waiting... :)

sj

zr2ee

Post by zr2ee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:59 am

havent heard of google voice, i'll have to check it out

oomg

Post by oomg » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 pm

My invite came in on the 2nd. Signed up today. Now, does anyone know how the service will integrate with our ooma system?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

hpepper

Post by hpepper » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:27 am

Here is the blog from Ooma on Google Voice:

http://blog.ooma.com/2009/03/18/ooma-and-google-voice/

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:46 am

I have been using GV and I do like some of the features and with Ooma together we will have a phone system that some big companies PBX's phone systems pay features that cost big bucks for free!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-<:))))><< *Keep a tight Line* ;-)

oomg

Post by oomg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm

hpepper wrote:Here is the blog from Ooma on Google Voice:

http://blog.ooma.com/2009/03/18/ooma-and-google-voice/
O.K. from the blog, quoting Dennis P.

"Now given that Google Voice already does so much, how does one make it better? For one, we make it a whole lot more convenient to use. With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you - pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser! You’ll still be able to answer calls at home thanks to the Instant Second Line.

So there’s a sneak peek at what’s coming to ooma Premier. Have an idea that you’d like to share about how ooma and Google Voice can work better together?"

I'm not quite sure that I understand the reference to "Google Voice Extensions," how to automatically show my "Google Voice" caller ID on outgoing calls, etc. Is there something I missed?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Got my GV invite today, can't wait to play with the ooma/GV extensions!

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:47 pm

I signed up for my invite about 3 weeks ago. Could anyone tell me what the timeframe from signing up to receiving the invitation is? How long did some of you that have received it wait?
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.