Help with QOS settings

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
whn
Re: Help with QOS settings

Post by whn » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:25 pm

The thing is OOMA will never admit fault on anything.

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:01 pm

whn wrote:The thing is OOMA will never admit fault on anything.
Please consider reading a complete thread before posting totally irrelevant comments and incorrect statements like the one above. Neither the OP or the others who are trying to help have even contacted ooma. Your statement is not helpful. It is not factual. But it does make me feel sorry for you, if that is what you want. Poor me, poor me. The ooma conspiracy is out to get me. Garbage and paranoia.

Take a walk, get some fresh air, and realize that your attitude does not contribute to anything except our strong desire to have you not contribute.

<< Not to all - I have no professional relationship to ooma and am just a satisfied user like most of the others on this forum. My thoughts are mine alone and should not be construed as coming from any official source. Moderators, please feel free to delete this post if it is offensive. >>
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:10 am

niknak wrote:Based on the test results posted you have no need to change anything
QoS won't improve your ISP's quality of service. It is used to manage your traffic so each type of traffic gets the quality of service you desire in relationship to your connection. The OP's test only determined that his ISP is more than adequate for VOIP. Depending on the OP's Internet usage there may be a need for establishing QoS to ensure his Ooma gets the priority desired to maintain call quality.

Scott

grathke

Post by grathke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 am

Thanks to all who have responded with comments pertaining to my QoS. My setup is working fine and am very pleased with the system and ooma. I think I can leave well enough alone, as the saying goes, 'if it is not broke, don't fix it'

Thanks
Glenn