Cannot receive calls, able to make outgoing just fine

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lbmofo
Re: Cannot receive calls, able to make outgoing just fine

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

jpmn01 wrote:Not sure if the other people that we know who haven't got through use Comcast. If folks can't get through, we really don't know who is having trouble unless they call us in some other way. The one person I talked to tonight called us on our cell phone after she couldn't get through on our home phone. I'm going to check one other person who I know wasn't able to get through tomorrow to see if they are on Comcast too. If so, I'll make sure to update my request to OOMA support with the new information. If it is a porting issue, it is OOMA's responsibility to get it fixed. I believe that is why I paid the porting fee.
Given that your issue is isolated with Comcast customers....this would be Comcast's problem to fix. Because once a number is ported out of their number pool, they need to update their routing table accordingly. This happens a lot with companies that dip into their own database first for routing information; Vonage is one other example.

Sally0604

Post by Sally0604 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi, I am having the same issue. Our phone service was ported over from Comcast to Ooma 2 weeks ago. We are placing calls just fine but when a Comcast phone subscriber calls us they get a recoded message after 1/2 ring that says " the mail box is not in service". But other calls from non-Comcast phone service friends come thru just fine. I have tried 6-7 times and countless frustrating hours on the phone with Comcast trying to figure this out. Comcast says it will not address it or have anyone come to fix it because we no longer have phone service with them. UGH, hence the reason for switching, poor customer service
We do have a Comcast Gateway router and I just reset the DMZ zone as suggested in forum, but this did not correct this issue. I am at an absolute loss as to what to do. please can anybody help????

heritage62

Post by heritage62 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:19 pm

I had the same problem with the Ooma Mobile app on my new cell phone. I was able to place phone calls to my Ooma home phone but when I tried to call my cell phone from my Ooma home phone, I received a message that it was not a working number. It took about two days, but I finally found the solution was to select PREFERENCES/CALL FORWARDING and set up call forwarding. I checked all options and entered my cell phone number as the external number. I have Forwarding mode set to all incoming calls. Now, all incoming calls ring on the Ooma home phone and on my cell phone. I have an AT&T modem at home and my cell is Verizon so this problem is not with your phone service. I called Ooma technical support also, and the young lady who answered didn't know how to fix it either.

I hope this solves the problem for most of you.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Sally0604 wrote:I have tried 6-7 times and countless frustrating hours on the phone with Comcast trying to figure this out. Comcast says it will not address it or have anyone come to fix it because we no longer have phone service with them.
Comcast needs to update their call routing; no need for them to come out or anything.