No call blocking w/o Premier, right?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lmacmil
No call blocking w/o Premier, right?

Post by lmacmil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:25 pm

I am new to Ooma and have the complimentary premier service for a couple months. As I review the regular vs premier features, it appears that there is no ability to block robocalls with the regular service, correct? I have enjoyed having Nomorobo with Comcast Voice for 18 months and will miss it. Not sure if I will miss it $10/month worth though. ;)

oomamaniacal

Re: No call blocking w/o Premier, right?

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:31 pm

lmacmil wrote:I am new to Ooma and have the complimentary premier service for a couple months. As I review the regular vs premier features, it appears that there is no ability to block robocalls with the regular service, correct?
You do have to have Premier to use Nomorobo.

My Panasonic phone system can block 250 phone numbers. I find Ooma's blacklists to be more convenient, but if I did not have Premier, I would be using the Panasonic call blocker.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

oomamaniacal

Re: No call blocking w/o Premier, right?

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:07 pm

I found this Sentry v. 3.1 call screener on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sentry-Industrie ... ics&sr=1-1

It would not work for customers who use the Ooma phones or the Linx devices. However, it could save money for those who subscribe to Premier just for the call screening features. I have no experience with with the unit, but it has gotten some good reviews.

Here is the top review: "I am an electrical engineer, and I can tell you I searched high and low for the best device to defeat robocalls. Forget the other devices like nomorobo that compare the incoming phone number to a big blacklist..... telemarketers are just faking random caller id's. This device has a recording that immediately tells callers to hit the '0' key while a robot dialer is still searching for a telemarketer to connect the call to after it has been answered. Since the telemarketer doesn't hear that message, they never press '0', and the call is never connected to you. Once your friends and family press '0' and are in the system, their calls are passed through directly to you without interruption. The device also has a huge blacklist number memory for blocking certain numbers. The unit also has a two memory answering machine function which ONLY works after a caller has pressed '0'. Your regular answering machine will pick up all other legit calls. (The device manual does not mention this feature.) My mother LOVES this thing!"
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions