Google Voice Invites

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
scoutconnor
Re: Google Voice Invites

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 am

southsound wrote:I signed up for my invite about 3 weeks ago. Could anyone tell me what the timeframe from signing up to receiving the invitation is? How long did some of you that have received it wait?
The invites that are gettig sent out now are for people that signed up sometime in early 2008. You may have awhile to wait before you get an invite. GV is a great service and it is worth the wait. If you want a account now, I do have an extra invite...

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 am

Connor,

Thanks so much! GV is up and running now. I sure love the people on this forum. I think I may be the first raccoon with his own GV number. :D
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 am

I've been with Google Voice since it was Grandcentral and back then we were able to give out 10 invites if memory serves me correctly. However, I now can't find the place to give out invites but would be more than happy to if someone would point me in the right direction!
Go AVS!

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 am

Aveamantium wrote:I've been with Google Voice since it was Grandcentral and back then we were able to give out 10 invites if memory serves me correctly. However, I now can't find the place to give out invites but would be more than happy to if someone would point me in the right direction!
Google Voice [at the time it was Grandcentral] eliminated the option to send out 10 invites last August. Any unused invites were lost :(

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

southsound wrote:Connor,

Thanks so much! GV is up and running now. I sure love the people on this forum. I think I may be the first raccoon with his own GV number. :D
No problem,
I already have an account and was not going to use my invite so I figure it is better to give it to someone who will put it to good use.
Just make me a deal, when you get your invite, give it to someone else okay?
P.S. Congrats on becoming the first raccoon with a GV number! :)

ydnar723
Location:Maine...yes that place in between Canada and Boston

Post by ydnar723 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:57 am

I got mine today, surprised where I signed up in April.
Hope they make more numbers in my State soon, they only use 1 city about 3 hours form where I live, considering it is free though I can't complain much. :)

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:58 am

I get it... You gave Southsound your invite... I was thinking that you were sending invites the way Grandcentral used to.
Last edited by Aveamantium on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go AVS!

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am

ydnar723 wrote:I got mine today, surprised where I signed up in April.
Hope they make more numbers in my State soon, they only use 1 city about 3 hours form where I live, considering it is free though I can't complain much. :)
You don't have to use your invite today, I believe you can wait up to 30 days to get a number. In that time, more numbers may become available.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Aveamantium wrote:I get it... You gave Southsand your invite... I was thinking that you were sending invites the way Grandcentral used to.
Correct,
I had signed up for 3 invites; one for me, one for my parents, and a 3rd as a "just in case". I finnally received my "just in case" invite this past week and had no use for it so I gave it away.

I think of this as the same as when I was at Disney World and had a Fastpass for Space Mountain. My siblings wanted to leave before our time on the Fastpass came so we gave the Fastpasses to the people that were standing at the end of the 1.5hr line.

This all fits in with the Boy Scout Motto: Do a Good Turn Daily. [If you haden't noticed in my username, I am a Boy Scout]

I am also hoping that the saying "what goes around comes around" and I get to Beta Test the Telo System :D

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Got mine today!

Wayne