Ooma Office for Mobile - Beta Trial

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Tony
Ooma Moderator
Ooma Office for Mobile - Beta Trial

Post by Tony » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:44 pm

We are releasing a new service called "Ooma Office for Mobile". It has all the same features as Ooma Office, but allows you to use the service without purchasing any Ooma equipment. You use your iOS and Android devices with the Ooma Office mobile app to place and receive calls and access all the features of Ooma Office.

If you are interested to beta test the service, you may sign up from a mobile device or a desktop/laptop computer at:

http://office.ooma.com/signup

You will need to have a phone number that can receive SMS and a valid debit/credit card. Your card will not be charged for the beta test.

Let us know your comments or suggestions.

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Re: Ooma Office for Mobile - Beta Trial

Post by Tony » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:08 pm

- The welcome voicemail after sign up is referring to the 'Ooma Office Base Station' device, please ignore that part.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:49 am

This is an interesting concept for small businesses. However, I have Ooma service because I don't like relying on a cell phone at home, and would like to have more hardware options, such as IP desk phones and door phones.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Tony
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tony » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:41 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:This is an interesting concept for small businesses. However, I have Ooma service because I don't like relying on a cell phone at home, and would like to have more hardware options, such as IP desk phones and door phones.
With both "Ooma Office" service as it exists today and "Ooma Office for Mobile", on an user extension you may assign multiple devices including an analog phone or an IP phone, an Ooma Office mobile app, a call forward to an outside number, and an Ooma headset. Thus on an incoming call, all these devices ring and you may answer the call on any of these devices. You can place outgoing calls or call another extension from any of these devices (except the call forward to a number device).

Notes:
- Analog phones are supported using the phone port on an Ooma Office Base Station or an Ooma Linx
- IP phone support will be available soon
- With "Ooma Office for Mobile" service, through the web portal it is not yet possible to order Ooma Office Base Station, Ooma Linx and Ooma Headset devices, that will be possible very soon.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Tony wrote: Notes:
- IP phone support will be available soon
That's good news! Obihai has that option, but I like Ooma's service better, overall.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

waypts

Post by waypts » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 am

I have Polycom 650 IP phones and would love to use them in conjunction with Ooma Office. Is this possible to beta test?