Blacklist maximum reached

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
phoenixtommy
Re: Blacklist maximum reached

Post by phoenixtommy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:17 pm

josephclemente wrote:Any update on this?
I'm guessing that any information on electronics won't be made by anyone until the Consumer Electronic's Show in January.

Rainmaker

Post by Rainmaker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:43 pm

All, I just joined this thread, and didn't read the entire thing, so forgive me if this has already been discussed...

Does everyone herein know that you can block an entire area code, or the first (say) six numbers of a business? Most telemarketers have the same first 6 numbers, and multiple last four. Four example, someone from (864) 278 kept calling me with different last four but same message. By the third call, I followed the Ooma instructions for what I call 'wildcard blacklisting' (not sure what Ooma calls it), and listed (864) 278* (star sign). That stopped them and only uses one blacklist number. I've about a dozen of these so far. without which I'd likely have many times the number I currently have.

Just a thought!

holmes4

Post by holmes4 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:52 pm

If only it were that simple. Sure, some telemarketers work that way, but the majority of them fake the caller ID, often using a number in your own area code. Yes, you can block some that way, but not enough.
Steve