ooma Telo speaker blown

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
MPDano
Re: ooma Telo speaker blown

Post by MPDano » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:47 pm

lbmofo wrote:
MPDano wrote:Just got off chat with Ooma. My Telo is out of warranty and basically they won't do anything. Agent suggested to use an answering machine to hear my messages. It's this little stuff that is going to sway my Ooma recommendations from now on. Lame.
How much money have you saved in almost 4 years?
What do you expect Ooma to do? Your Telo provided almost 4 years of service and I am sure you saved a ton.
Well, stand behind their product on an obvious manufacturers defect. I am not the only one with this issue. It's all over this forum. You must work for Ooma Support.
Leo Dano
Ooma User since March 2010

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 pm

MPDano wrote:
lbmofo wrote:
MPDano wrote:Just got off chat with Ooma. My Telo is out of warranty and basically they won't do anything. Agent suggested to use an answering machine to hear my messages. It's this little stuff that is going to sway my Ooma recommendations from now on. Lame.
How much money have you saved in almost 4 years?
What do you expect Ooma to do? Your Telo provided almost 4 years of service and I am sure you saved a ton.
Well, stand behind their product on an obvious manufacturers defect. I am not the only one with this issue. It's all over this forum. You must work for Ooma Support.
Wow. Must be a boring night with nothing to do but hash up an issue that you had in January 2 of 2014 ?? If it has taken you 3 years to respond to lbmfo's reply then you must not be too concerned.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

MPDano

Post by MPDano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 am

southsound wrote: Wow. Must be a boring night with nothing to do but hash up an issue that you had in January 2 of 2014 ?? If it has taken you 3 years to respond to lbmfo's reply then you must not be too concerned.
Nope. Just still an issue with me after all these years. Plus I don't troll these forums like you do.
Leo Dano
Ooma User since March 2010

GregM

Post by GregM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 am

I successfully replaced my Ooma Telo (Revision B) speaker with one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-20x14mm-Ova ... 1294045492

It's a 20x14mm oval speaker and fit and works perfectly. The factory speaker had degraded to the point that it sounded like one of the teachers in a Charlie Brown TV special. Now I can hear my voicemail again!

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Out of curiosity, compaired to how your Telo sounded before the speaker gave up the ghost, does the new ebay speaker sound better than the original? I have one of the newest Telo 2's, and, quite frankly, the sound is noticeably worse than the original Telo 1's was.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly