Problems with voicemail/Are there any competent OOMA CSR's?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
No One Knows
Problems with voicemail/Are there any competent OOMA CSR's?

Post by No One Knows » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:25 pm

I have been on the phone with ooms csr's for the past 3 hours.

Basically I installed the ooma system 3 days ago.

I followed all the instructions in hooking it up for my setup.

I tried to setup my voicemail by picking up the handset connected to the hub and hitting the play button.

When I do this, I get a prompt asking me to input first my phone number, than my pin number.

The problem is, I NEVER had the chance to set up a pin number. Any pin number I try to enter is invalid.

I really rely on voicemail for my business and I can't even set up a greeting, or access my voicemail in any way.

When I log into the lounge, it says that voicemail is temporarily unavailable. (It has said this for the past 3 days)

Like I said earlier, I have been on the phone with OOMA CSR's for a total of 3 hours today trying to get this issue resolved. I know (and hope) that I'm not the only one who has had this problem before.

I keep getting asked silly questions like "Do you have kids that maybe tampered with the ooma device?"

No! I live alone, and quite proficient with computers, and followed instructions to a T. Still, I cannot set up my voicemail.

If I miss a call, the person calling me gets the exact same prompt I get when I try to setup the voicemail by picking up the handset connected to the hub and pressing the "play" button.

I really need voicemail, and I need it NOW. Can anyone out there help a very frustrated new ooma user?

scottlindner

Re: Problems with voicemail/Are there any competent OOMA CSR's?

Post by scottlindner » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Did you run the setup online?

Scott

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:49 am

It looks like your voicemail box was not created properly when you activated a few days ago. I had a look at the internal ticket notes and it looks like your voicemail box was fixed yesterday afternoon.

Can you try pressing the "play" button on your ooma Hub again? If you're still getting prompted for a PIN, try power cycling the ooma Hub. After it comes back online, try pressing "play" again.
Bobby B

harps

Post by harps » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:17 pm

I am having the same exact problem and not sure how to fix it.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:28 pm

harps wrote:I am having the same exact problem and not sure how to fix it.
Step one would be to call customer service.