Black List monitoring

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
donwob
Black List monitoring

Post by donwob » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Ooma,

First off, big kudos to your development team. The release cycle has been consistent with new relevant features every 3-6 weeks. Nice work, and it is being noticed.

And Bobby and Dennis, thanks for giving us a little heads up on the product roadmap and timing. I know it is supposed to be hush hush, but it keeps us Ooma fanatics "on the edge of our seats".

I am enjoying the Black list features more than I thought. I currently have the unknown callers going straight to VM, and the Ooma community Blacklist set to block.

Now the phone only rings when I want it to. Thanks.

But there is a little voice in the back of my head that says what was blocked by the Ooma community. Is there are way in the call logs to see which calls were blocked? Or is that a new feature on the horizon?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Black List monitoring

Post by Bobby B » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:17 am

Hi donwob,

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep, seeing blacklisted calls in the call logs is planned for a near-term release. As you mentioned, right now if you set the action to "blocked" it'll send a blacklisted call into a virtual blackhole.

Longer-term, we plan on eventually allowing users to see what's on the community blacklist and to share their own comments on numbers that appear there.

-Bobby
Bobby B

intrepidz

Post by intrepidz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:34 pm

I would like to know how many calls are blocked or going to voice mail. It would really be nice for the caller log to show the blocked numbers in the list.
Do you have this working or coming soon? It appears you were looking at this back in Dec of 2009.

Thanks
Mark

whn

Post by whn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 am

Bobby B wrote:Hi donwob,

Thanks for the feedback!

Yep, seeing blacklisted calls in the call logs is planned for a near-term release. As you mentioned, right now if you set the action to "blocked" it'll send a blacklisted call into a virtual blackhole.

Longer-term, we plan on eventually allowing users to see what's on the community blacklist and to share their own comments on numbers that appear there.

-Bobby

Great news Bobby!

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:27 am

whn wrote: Great news Bobby!
The comment about a "near term release" was posted in 2008. :(

Robert

Morac

Post by Morac » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Bobby B wrote:Hi donwob,

Thanks for the feedback!

-Bobby
What ever happened to this?