Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
murphy
Re: Incoming call rings, but can't answer

Post by murphy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 am

If the Telo is between your modem and router, log into setup.ooma.com to adjust QOS in the Telo.

If the Telo is behind your router, QOS must be supported and configured in your router. In this case QOS in the Telo is not involved in a call and should be set to 0 which disables QOS.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

reddog4891

Re: Incoming call rings, but can't answer HELP!

Post by reddog4891 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:36 am

For the last 2 weeks I can only make outbound calls, inbound receive Voicemail with out ringing the phone. The ooma light is solid red, I have rebooted everything many times. (Modem, wait, Router wait, ooma device) but it has not resolved the issue. Outbound calls work fine. Please help!

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:16 am

Is it red or purple?
Sounds like Do Not Disturb is enabled. Push and hold the Fast Forward button to turn it off.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 am

try again now

Cara1972

Post by Cara1972 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:05 am

We are having the same issue. Help! We are so frustrated with Ooma, we are considering looking elsewhere for phone service. Has anyone found a solution yet?

jaxooma

Post by jaxooma » Mon May 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I am having this problem too. I have two Ooma boxes for two phone lines. My cable modem output connects to first ooma box which feeds into second Ooma box and then connects to router. This setup has worked fine for over two years but, has just started this problem of the phone ringing but can't answer within the last two months. Anyone have a solution?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue May 08, 2018 1:59 am

If you have two Telos connected in series you MUST change the DHCP IP start address in one of them. The default is 172.27.35.1. Change one of them to 172.27.36.1. That is the only way that routing between the two units is going to work correctly.

jaxooma

Post by jaxooma » Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Actually this setup does work and was working fine for several years. I only have this problem intermittently. If you happen to catch the phone on the first ring, but before the second, you can usually get the phone to answer. Sometimes, on the second or more rings, you get nothing but a buzzing sound when you answer the phone. The caller just hears the phone keep ringing and the internet is cutoff to the router for a few minutes and then will reconnect. Thanks.

wlu

Post by wlu » Mon May 28, 2018 2:47 pm

I am having similar issue as most on this thread, though my Ooma is behind the router so the Home port isn't used.

I've had the Ooma since early last year, for the first year it worked mostly fine. But these problems started happening for the past couple month.

- Answering incoming calls causes the Ooma to crash and light flashing red. Restarting it only fix the problem for a short period of time.
- Sometimes making outgoing calls also crashes the Ooma, and have to restart to make the call again.
- Sometimes we don't even hear ringing at all for incoming calls, the caller just go straight to voicemail.
- Voicemail indicator light do not light up when there is message, unless I restart the Ooma.

All these issues are happening constantly now and daily, despite us restarting the Ooma so many times. I've checked the QoS setting and it's already 0. I noticed that the software is 2 versions behind, not sure how to update that or if it has anything to do with these problems.

Today I called the Ooma from my cell phone at 5:19pm (Eastern time) and again when my father picked up the phone it died and started flashing red. On my end I heard endless ringing, voicemail never even kicked in.

I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario. My parents use this Ooma as their home phone and depend on it especially to receive calls for medical appointments. Could you see what the issue is? Much appreciated.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon May 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Is your Telo set to use the built-in MAC address? If not, configure it to use it.